Ampedmustang

Dec 25, 2016
Hi All,

I have a 2002 Ford Mustang that I bought a few months ago. It has been running great, haven't done much of anything to the car.

I travel for work, and before I left two weeks ago, it was running very well. I get back, and drive to the gas station, and she throws a P0304 and P0316 code. I looked it up, that is misfire on #4 cyl. and misfire within the first 1000 revs. I clear the codes disconnect, and reconnect the #4 coil connector. Then the 304 goes away and a 306 comes back on the next drive, as well as the 316 code. What is the most likely cause that folks have experienced with these codes? It has hardly any power due to the misfire, and I don't want to drive it and ruin my cats, etc. before fixing it.

I normally do all of my own work on my cars, and don't ask folks on forums. But if you guys could help me figure this out, I would really appreciate it! I haven't had this particular problem on a car before.

I need to get this car running within the next few days for local work.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

• Sponsors (?)

Ragged gt thanks, I pulled both of those plugs, the connection to the coil boot was heavily oxidized on the plug side, and was wet. I sanded the plug connection and it is running great. Thanks for your help!

Trinity_gt, thanks for the suggestion. I don't seem to have that issue, yet! Haha thanks though, I'll keep it in mind.

Pony on guys! \_/

Reactions: 1 user