2002 mustang V6 dual exhaust system

pavka28

May 15, 2007
Hi,I have 2002 mustang V6 with complete dual exhaust system with x-pipe from "PYPES".This system is extemly loud inside the car and car is not running smooth.Before instalation was everything o.k.I just want dual exhaust sytem and I don't care if is x-pipe or y-pipe. Do you guys have any expirience with diferent system.My friend hi have flowmaster with y-pipe and mufflers50 delta ,this is perfekt system but this is not available for 2002 they have same system but 40 mufflers and they are probably really loud( but I don't know) please help me thanks Pavel ( [email protected])

• Sponsors (?)

Really? So do you have y-pipe with flowmasters 40 and inside its o.k. even if you driving 35-40mph and engine running around 1200prm? Becouse with my system now 35mph is crazy.

I've got Delta 40s straight back (no x or h), and they are loud only when you want them to be. Inside the car they aren't bad at all compared to the V8 counterparts. Can you post a sound clip?

I had that also on my 96 and it sounded good and was not very loud inside the vehicle. Although..I tend to crank my stereo.

My friend hi have flowmaster with y-pipe and mufflers50 delta ,this is perfekt system but this is not available for 2002

Any Muffler shop can put 50's on a stang.

The setup I have now is not very loud inside the car, but then again...I am used to it already.

Mac Duals

Hey, I'm not really a fan of the flowmasters on the V6 mustangs, but Mac mufflers are really good, they can connect to Y or X, but the mufflers are the same for any application. Check out Macperformance.com, and seach on you tube for people that have put the kits on their cars (there should be a ton of video's). Good Luck

I've only liked the sound of magnaflows on the 6s. Get the mufflers, and gt tail pipes. A compotent muffler shop can make a mid-pipe.

I actually had to agree with my muffler guy because he said the exhaust I wanted wasn't available for my mustang (just mufflers and tail pipes) and I talked myself blue in the face trying to convince him there was no difference aside from having to order hangers. Man, that was a headache and a half.

I've only liked the sound of magnaflows on the 6s. Get the mufflers, and gt tail pipes. A compotent muffler shop can make a mid-pipe.

I actually had to agree with my muffler guy because he said the exhaust I wanted wasn't available for my mustang (just mufflers and tail pipes) and I talked myself blue in the face trying to convince him there was no difference aside from having to order hangers. Man, that was a headache and a half.

That's wierd. The muffler shop I frequent will do just about anything. He joked about how he would install GT Takeoff's on anything, even a moped if a customer insisted. He showed me a picture of a customer who wanted GT Take offs on a probe. It looked really wierd. I need to get a copy of that pic. :rlaugh: