2003 Gt Overheating Issues (please Help)

Hot Rod Will

Jul 26, 2017
2 days ago my 03 gt overheated on me while I was in a line at Captain D's and started gushing coolant out of the radiator. This is the first time it has ever overheated on me before. I realized that my fan is not working at all, even when I turn the a/c on full blast. When I turn the car on and let it just sit and idle, it will overheat in about 10 minutes due to no fan running. I have been trying to figure out what could be causing the fan not to run and have already replaced the thermostat, and the fuses that deal with the operations of the fan. Neither one of those worked, so I started thinking it was maybe a CCRM issue. I bought one from autozone today for $68 bucks and just installed it, and still a no go for the fan. Does anyone have any ideas about what else the problem could be? Someone told me to hot wire the fan to the battery, but I have never done anything like that before and don't know where to start with that or if that is even a smart idea? if anyone has insight about that, it would be appreciated as well.

• Sponsors (?)

So what have you done to rule in/out the fan itself? Have you tested for voltage at the fan connector?

One method to test the fan is by running it directly from battery using a scrap piece of wire. Test the fan on both speeds. There should be an obvious speed difference between high and low speed.

Reactions: 1 user