• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

2003 Gt Overheating Issues (please Help)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hot Rod Will
  • Start date Start date Jul 26, 2017
H

Hot Rod Will

New Member
Jul 26, 2017
3
0
1
Jul 26, 2017
#1
  • Jul 26, 2017
  • #1
2 days ago my 03 gt overheated on me while I was in a line at Captain D's and started gushing coolant out of the radiator. This is the first time it has ever overheated on me before. I realized that my fan is not working at all, even when I turn the a/c on full blast. When I turn the car on and let it just sit and idle, it will overheat in about 10 minutes due to no fan running. I have been trying to figure out what could be causing the fan not to run and have already replaced the thermostat, and the fuses that deal with the operations of the fan. Neither one of those worked, so I started thinking it was maybe a CCRM issue. I bought one from autozone today for $68 bucks and just installed it, and still a no go for the fan. Does anyone have any ideas about what else the problem could be? Someone told me to hot wire the fan to the battery, but I have never done anything like that before and don't know where to start with that or if that is even a smart idea? if anyone has insight about that, it would be appreciated as well.
 

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Jul 26, 2017
#2
  • Jul 26, 2017
  • #2
So what have you done to rule in/out the fan itself? Have you tested for voltage at the fan connector?

One method to test the fan is by running it directly from battery using a scrap piece of wire. Test the fan on both speeds. There should be an obvious speed difference between high and low speed.
 
Reactions: Hot Rod Will
H

Hot Rod Will

New Member
Jul 26, 2017
3
0
1
Jul 26, 2017
#3
  • Jul 26, 2017
  • #3
I havent done anything to check the fan as I wasn't sure on how to do that exactly until now. I am going to attempt to do that either tonight or in the morning and update you
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
cooling fan not turning on, but does when ac is on or when coolant temp is jumped or unplugged.
  • Mycarhatesme
  • Mar 14, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
305
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 12, 2026
Noobz347
Engine 1986 GT Overheating issues
  • 86 5O GT
  • Jan 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
18
Views
809
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 29, 2026
86 5O GT
2003 Mustang gt. Clutch overheating.
  • 2003 mustang gt modded
  • Dec 17, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
662
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jan 5, 2026
2003 mustang gt modded
F
Overheating after ECU flash
  • fourtyfour338
  • Jul 23, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
137
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 23, 2025
Noobz347
Z
Cool fan issues
  • Zipcity
  • Dec 23, 2025
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
12
Views
732
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Dec 27, 2025
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?