2004 3.9 V6 Long Tube Header Installation

Justin Reeve

Jul 14, 2016
Hello all! Im trying to install my pacesetter long tube headers on my 2004 3.9L. I have the drivers side installed. The passenger side directions state to unbolt the trans mount and slide it left, in which case I have tried. The header still hits the frame and the trans. Ive tried several times. Ive even unbolted the starter and moved it out of the way. If anyone can help, Id be greatful for my project is one header from fully complete!

• Sponsors (?)

Go to the tech section of the subforum for edge mustangs.

I'd bet someone has had the exact issue you're having and will be able to help out.

Welcome to stangnet.

So I'm not sure if this means you're working on a second mustang or you and you're wife are "doin' the nasty".:jester:

er: 207312"]So I'm not sure if this means you're working on a second mustang or you and you're wife are "doin' the nasty".:jester:[/QUOTE]

Lmao.. this is my second mustand build. I built an 2007 v6 with pacesetter longtube headers, 60mm throttle body, airade tuned intake, bama race tune, lowered, matte black paint, and gt foglights.
Now im building 2004 w same headers, 65mm throttle body, ford racing suspension 1.5"drop, SR cold air intake, bama tune, and some cosmetics like new tinted lights, gt spoiler,and blackout grille. Already had aftermarket rims so just got a powerstop big brake kit to install. Its a CX charcoal metalic grey.

Reactions: 1 user
er: 207312"]So I'm not sure if this means you're working on a second mustang or you and you're wife are "doin' the nasty".:jester:

Lmao.. this is my second mustand build. I built an 2007 v6 with pacesetter longtube headers, 60mm throttle body, airade tuned intake, bama race tune, lowered, matte black paint, and gt foglights.
Now im building 2004 w same headers, 65mm throttle body, ford racing suspension 1.5"drop, SR cold air intake, bama tune, and some cosmetics like new tinted lights, gt spoiler,and blackout grille. Already had aftermarket rims so just got a powerstop big brake kit to install. Its a CX charcoal metalic grey.[/QUOTE]
I just recently bought an '83 t-top coupe and have been considering the engine options,

Have you looked at that V6 ecoboost engine? Why couldn't they do that with the V8? Government requirements I suppose. That ecoboost has almost as much potential as any small block V8, including the coyote.

Well, good luck with your build brother. If you have any paint questions, I am a painter and have painted cars since the late seventies (except for a stint in the military). I'll be more than glad to help you out.