2004 GT - No Start . . . THEFT Light on

• Sponsors (?)

Reactions: 1 user
Well the technician just left my house. After 1 1/2 hours of testing he confirmed PATS and the computer systems are fine and it is indeed a bad fuel pump. Ordered a new pump from Rock Auto and will get car with full tank of gas flatbedded to my mechanic when the pump arrives.

Hope this solves the problem. Will keep all advised.

Jon

Car being flat bedded to mechanic tomorrow AM for new Motorcraft fuel pump install. Hope all goes well.

Just wondering. Did you learn some useful information about how to trouble shoot the Mustang's fuel system from the forums? Was the information accurate? Did the professional do anything or give any tips that may help some else with a similar problem?

Did you learn anything that brings into doubt the validity of the initial key on fuel prime test being a good test to prove the basic function of the fuel pump?

Just wondering. Did you learn some useful information about how to trouble shoot the Mustang's fuel system from the forums? Was the information accurate? Did the professional do anything or give any tips that may help some else with a similar problem?

Forum response were very helpful and I was fairly sure it was the fuel pump from the beginning. However, I was hoping it was something more basic. The fact the car kept running after starter fluid made me question if the fuel pump was really the culprit. Thanks again to all who contributed!

Did you learn anything that brings into doubt the validity of the initial key on fuel prime test being a good test to prove the basic function of the fuel pump?