2004 Mach 1 OBDII Help

Mach1_32V

May 4, 2018
Dallas
Hey, new here and was looking for some help. I am thinking of purchasing a 2004 Mach 1. The car runs great but sometimes misses under a load. Not a big deal most likely a COP going bad. The issue is when trying to pin point what cylinder is having the issue I ran codes and found nothing. I also have the Torque App with a bluetooth OBDII reader. When I hook it up it connects and shows information about the car. (ie VIN, Sensors installed on vehicle, RPMS and a few others)

The issue I am having is that none of the sensors seem to be working. I attached a picture to show the problem. If you are not familiar with Torque then I can give a little information. If a sensor is detected and ready then it says Complete in green. If it is not ready it says Incomplete in Yellow. If it failed then it says Not Ready in Red. And if the sensor is not there or not detected it says not available.

Any ideas why this car would not show any sensors working? What I can check?

Sorry for the big picture.

torque.png

• Sponsors (?)

Is it possible that is a "feature" of the PRO version and you have the free Lite version?

This model year Ford does not have a misfire PID. So the data is not available to display in real time. When working with a 2004 and older ODB2 model year misfire data is accessed via the ODB2 Mode6 data.

I do have the Torque pro version. I did get the misfire tracked down by using the logging feature on the app. Looks like 5 misses quite often and then a few others more randomly. probably just grab a full set of Motorcraft if I do buy the car. Im getting a great deal on it so I may still pull the trigger since I will have some room to mess with fixing some stuff.

I do have the Torque pro version. I did get the misfire tracked down by using the logging feature on the app. Looks like 5 misses quite often and then a few others more randomly. probably just grab a full set of Motorcraft if I do buy the car. Im getting a great deal on it so I may still pull the trigger since I will have some room to mess with fixing some stuff.

You can use the problem to beat him down on price too since it is not fixed.

I'm siding with WMBurns on this. I have a newer OBD2 scanner thats supposed to have all those bells and whistles as well. Used it on my Dad's 01 Lightning to find that the majority of those features do not apply to these elder OBD2 cars. I immediately assumed it to be the age of the vehicle and not a problem with said vehicle or the scanner. Just not that up to date in a 14 year old or older car.

I'm a Mach owner and fan. If the cars in good shape, I say go for it. If the underhood looks like a rats nest maybe pass. Just in case the misfire is a "ghost in the machine" type issue. Misfires are usually plus or the COPs but depending on the build date, the car may have the heads with the 3 or 4 spark plug threads. Those can have potential for spark plug blow outs. Later production cars got the 9 thread heads which hold the plugs better. Let us know what happens with it.