2004 V6 3.9l 140k Bucking Engine Please Help

dxfan227

Jan 21, 2015
A Friend wanted to be nice and had my engine steam cleaned. Immediatly this thew a CEL with I believe a Code 3 miss fire of engine. I was told to let it dry off and it should resolve it self.

We are now 5 days later and the engine will kind of stutter/buck back when under light accelleration. It does not do this at idle...or even when revving the engine while in park...

A mechanic seems to thing its a MASS AIR FLOW sensor and wats 250 bucks to fix it.

Does this sound consistant with the problem? We have already tried new spark plugs and it did not fix the problem. I feel like this HAS to be because of the steam cleaning....can a steam clean ruin a mass air flow sensor?

• Sponsors (?)

A MAF sensor can deff cause that and even the car to surge and even start stalling as you are not getting the proper air to fuel mix. And yeah that can cause to go bad as it is an electrical part and water can damage it.. If I were you I would go to the dealer and get an original one and put it in my self is simple is right by your intake box. All you have to do is unplug the old one remove two screws screw the new one on plug it in disconnect bartery for 5 mins connect battery again. And you are done.