2005 looks nice,but,

jaki30

Oct 24, 2003
Went to the NYC auto show yesterday. The Ford exhibit is awesome. Especially the big screen video of the 05 stang, GT and Cobra concept racing through the streets.
The 05 Stang is impressive, but, I don't think I was impressed enough to go out and sell my 01 GT vert to buy one. I'll be more than happy to wait a while.
Has anyone else decided to wait because their current car is good enough?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm waiting, but only because the new Mustang looks so damn good I'm planning on keeping mine for an extended time. So I'm going to wait for a nice limited production model, like a special edition or Cobra. That may mean waiting until October 2006... :shrug:

Dave

My 95 GT vert only has 64,000 miles so I don't need to buy anything for a few years. I'll wait until Ford offers a Mustang with IRS--not a Cobra--with a manumatic tranny and in Dark Highland Green.

I know I sound like a broken record but one day I hope someone at Ford hears me.

The 2005 is awesome...

and should sell like hotcakes. And, I agree, it is probably a much improved
car over the earlier cars.
I only wanted to know who has a Mustang now and what their opinion is
for buying a 2005.
BTW, I was the original owner of a 1971 MACH 1, a 1974 Mustang II and
the second owner of a 99 V-6 Mustang vert before I picked up the 01 GT.
When I am ready for the next one, I'll most likely go for the V-6. I really
can't justify a GT (the wife doesn't like it because it is loud and doesn't
ride as nice as the six). I thought that was the whole purpose of a GT!

I went to the NYIAS last night. Dissapointed, is the only word. Perhaps i just psyched myself too much, but seeing the car in person was very deflating. I keps hearing "go see it, pics dont do it justice." Well, im sorry, it looks just like the pics to me. In some ways, it's actually worse in person. You see things like, 1) the door handle allready starting to come off its hinge. 2) the seats SUCK, SUCK, SUCK, SUCK, can i say they suck? They might as well put bench seats in the thing. The only thing holding you in that car, will be your seatbelts. The leather (for those that were wondering) looks very similar to the Mazda 6 leather. In fact, I don't know why they just didnt use the Mazda 6 seats? Well anyway, I will try to reserve final judgement until i can actually sit in one, but as for right now, i was WAY more impressed with the GTO, and for a couple grand more, so far, that's my pick. I hope the next few months prove me wrong.

P.S. Some of my negativity might have to do with how unbelieveably packed the auto show was. It really hurt the experience for me. Too many little rug-rats around underfoot.

I had a 1970 Ford Mustang Grande which was tight but I sold it 4 years ago and I just sold my 1997 Cadillac STS so as soon as the 05 'Stang GT comes out, I'm buying it. PS - anyone know when dealerships are taking orders for them?!?

I saw the show Saturday. I was also a little disappointed. I think part of the problem was I really wanted to see the red coupe, but they only had the silver one there. I don't know where they say there is more room in the new stang, it still looks like no back seat...

I will wait until I can sit in it and drive. I am in no hurry to trrade in my 99GT so I may just wait for a limited edition (Boss 302 would be nice)

heh i have a 2002 and i have every intention on selling it for the 2005 every though i have mods on it. I like my car, but dont LOVE it (fox body). Im in love with the 2005 and cant wait to get one of the first ones
:spot:

Edit: The GT that is ;) ..... i hope i can get the sticker on the sideskirt of the car like the v6 has... :(

jaki30 said:
When I am ready for the next one, I'll most likely go for the V-6. I really
can't justify a GT (the wife doesn't like it because it is loud and doesn't
ride as nice as the six). I thought that was the whole purpose of a GT!

My GT rides so much nicer then my old sixer. Its a lot smoother and much more comfortable...not to mention the POWER!