2005 Mustang order status

KTP Dave said:
Ok that is total BS. What that means is someone who works at the plant like a production superintendent, plant manager...whoever....took that car home one night. They took it home and returned the next day and it was shipped out as long as they did not find any issues with the car. It does not delay it by 10 days.

Dealers are so f-ing stupid!

I've talked to Dave about my car's status in IM and e-mail, and he tells me the same thing Ford Customer Care tells me...your car is in a Temp Delay w/ no other details. Dave also tells me that I have a build date within 10 days (per our IM).
But the dealer tells me something different...that their system doesn't show any delays, and that the car is being built and will be here in mid December.

So who's telling me the truth? The dealer or Ford?
I know whichever story is true isn't going to get the car any faster...when it's here it's here, so all I can do is sit back and wait and see what happens.

• Sponsors (?)

I checked out the web link included by wolfman064 regarding priority codes. A very detailed explanation to be sure but I was left wondering just what it all meant! I just want to know if a priority code of 20 actually means anything to me, the buyer, in terms of manufacture and subsequent delivery date? Is it good, bad, or indifferent (or meaningless altogether)?

Priority codes.....as far as I know your order gets built when they can build it. If everyone had high priority someone would always have to be at the bottom. I already explained this before....even if you have low priority you may get made before someone that has high priority.

It has not been scheduled yet. No idea what is wrong.

Receipt Date: ?
Serialize Date: 11/12/2004
Segment Date: 11/16/2004

Dave,

Were you referring to my inquiry?:shrug:

Vin #1ZVHT82H655132098

Car ordered on 10/21
Order to the plant on 11/10
At plant on 11/12
11/16 Temporary Hold
No Build date as yet

Thanks, :hail2:

Terry

Well, I called that 1-800 number, and gave the guy my VIN. He said my car was scheduled to be delivered yesterday. So, I called the dealer, and didn't get and answer. I left a message 2 1/2 hours ago and they have yet to call back.

Good times.

Woot! I got a build date and a VIN!

On December 6, my 05 GT will be built. Should be shipped before Xmas. Just in time for the snow.

Automatic (The only demand from The Wife to allow me to buy it)
Yellow Ext/Charcoal Int
IUP (The one with MyColor)

jgoewert said:
Woot! I got a build date and a VIN!

On December 6, my 05 GT will be built. Should be shipped before Xmas. Just in time for the snow.

Automatic (The only demand from The Wife to allow me to buy it)
Yellow Ext/Charcoal Int
IUP (The one with MyColor)

When did you place your order??

37ford said:
gilmoujr,

my "scheduled delivery date" was the same as yours (11/17), and there is still no sign of my car.

today makes it 3 weeks on a friggin train.
Don't fret. If you have a delivery date, then you will get your car (unless it gets damaged in shipping - heaven forbid). I (luckily) live close to the plant so my shipping took a day or so. You live a ways away so your shipping will be longer than mine. They normally give a week for shipping. Mine said 11/17-11/24 and it came in on the 18th.