2005+ mustang steve brakes on a 69 stang

has anyone converted a 69 stangs front brakes to s197 front brakes??? mustang steve sells a kit to do this.... i am looking for an opinion..... i have heard only good things about mustang steve... has anyone ever had a bad experience with him??? or do i need anything else other than the kit for my wheels to fit (17 inch american racing torque thrust 2s)

• Sponsors (?)

I've got the '05-'08 conversion on my '65...great kit, easy install. When you go to make-up the front connections get the bubble flare to inverted flare adaptor and same your self some headaches.
Great kit though!!

i am thinking of the same swap on my 70 mach 1 with fact disk spindles. Not sure if later model brakes are as good as the willwood/baer/ssbc aftermarket brakes. Seems like the late model caliper swap is much cheaper....but it are they better brakes?

Mike

I'm running American Racing Torque Thrust "M" wheels, 17x8 with "0" offset. Front tires are 225/45/17, rears are 245/45/27...
I'll get some pics this evening..
As for them being better than the "name brands"?? not sure, they are 12 1/2" rotors with dual piston calipers....how much brake do you really need for a weekend driver?
The cool thing about late model Ford parts is that they will be around for a while and repair parts are easily found at the local parts house...don't have to wait for the specialty speed shop to hopefully get you what you need..(that's how it is around here anyway)
I'm also running 2000 model Crown Vic rear disc's...I think I'll be just fine for my setup.

I've got the '05-'08 conversion on my '65...great kit, easy install. When you go to make-up the front connections get the bubble flare to inverted flare adaptor and same your self some headaches.
Great kit though!!

one question.... what master cyl. are you using

i just installed my kit a few days ago... great kit.. pain in the a$$ to get the hub out of the drum... took about 2000 lbs... other than that and having to clearance the factory hub to fit in the rotor and bore out the lug holes it was cool... but i need spacers to fit my torque thrust II's (rubs the caliper just a little) looks greatttttt tho...

as for the question "anything smaller than 17? " i really dont think so

I've got a M/C from a '90 model four pot 'stang. Finally got them all installed and bled, Again, go with the bubble flare to inverted flare adapters...sorry about not getting the pic for you...just plain forgot.

I'm not using the power booster yet, I want to see how well this set-up will work as manual.

Jim

Has any one done a full setup from a 96 Cobra" I stripped all of the Braking system and rear end out of a 96 Cobra that was totaled. I want to put it all on my 69. I know I need the brackets from Mustang Steve Is there anything else I am going to need?