2006 GT Convertible Under MSRP!

06GTVERT4DE

Dec 28, 2005
Hi all! Just checking to see what you think of this deal. My wife and I bought a Screaming Yellow 2006 GT Convertible (Premium) the day after Christmas. I specifically waited until after Christmas so the dealerships would be dealing! The sticker on the car was just under $35K. I actually paid $32K for the car! I was trading in a 2004 BMW 330Ci that booked at almost $30K and they gave me $28K for it. I might have gotten more for it if sold privately, but now is not a great time to sell a car, especially a used BMW. Think this was a good deal? BTW, last Summer before I purchased the BMW, I had sold my 1998 GT convertible and wanted a new Mustang vert. The dealerships here were charging full MSRP plus $8,000 adjusted market.

• Sponsors (?)

06GTVERT4DE said:
Hi all! Just checking to see what you think of this deal. My wife and I bought a Screaming Yellow 2006 GT Convertible (Premium) the day after Christmas. I specifically waited until after Christmas so the dealerships would be dealing! The sticker on the car was just under $35K. I actually paid $32K for the car! I was trading in a 2004 BMW 330Ci that booked at almost $30K and they gave me $28K for it. I might have gotten more for it if sold privately, but now is not a great time to sell a car, especially a used BMW. Think this was a good deal? BTW, last Summer before I purchased the BMW, I had sold my 1998 GT convertible and wanted a new Mustang vert. The dealerships here were charging full MSRP plus $8,000 adjusted market.

Good Deals on 'stangs abound this week ....... Ford has a push on to move iron. Dealers are getting cash rewards from Ford and I talked to two yesterday that will sell their GT's on the X Plan.

Typical here in So. Cal / you can find most Mustangs in stock offered at $2,500.00 below MSRP. No word on how long this will last though ... :flag:

Great deal there indeed! A used BMW will probably make the dealer some money, maybe not right away, but eventually. Not to mention, yes there is a push to get sales in for the year, and some cash to dealer. Also, if they sold the vehicle within 60 days, that's more money in their pockets. Granted it was pretty cool to see Mustang marked up...at launch, but now, c'mon this is nuts, a dealer still trying to pull that BS is just hurting themselves. Who was your dealer by the way? Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the new ride! :nice:

Dyoct said:
Great deal there indeed! A used BMW will probably make the dealer some money, maybe not right away, but eventually. Not to mention, yes there is a push to get sales in for the year, and some cash to dealer. Also, if they sold the vehicle within 60 days, that's more money in their pockets. Granted it was pretty cool to see Mustang marked up...at launch, but now, c'mon this is nuts, a dealer still trying to pull that BS is just hurting themselves. Who was your dealer by the way? Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the new ride! :nice:

Thanks! The BMW was a nice car, but the market in Northern VA is crowded with used ones. The dealer was Ted Britt Ford and I would highly recommend them. The treated me well during the entire process and I found them very professional. They also give loaner cars for life when you schedule service. :nice:

GT Convertible Under MSRP

I pick up my Black 06 GT Premium Convertible tomorrow. They let me use my X-plan discount which takes it down to 31.4K. It might be worth the frostbite to drive with the top down this week :D

2006 Black GT Premium Vert
Leather
Shaker 1000
Manual
Active AntiTheft