2006 Mustang GT mach 1 tribute

Should I do it?

• Total voters
I just bought my second mustang GT last friday ( my brother crashed my 2000 new edge GT :( at least i can say at 15 i have purchased 2 mustangs already :D). I was looking at mach 1s alot ever since the accident however they are either a really good price but need work, or they are super expensive and practically brand new. I eventually settled on a 2006 Mustang GT with 108k miles. The car is very nice and has long tubes, offroad x pipe, and a pypes cat back as well as a jlt CAI and a hurst short throw. Im still very into the mach 1 and i am thinking about turning this 06 GT into a mach 1 tribute car. However i would base it off the 1969 mach 1 with the non shaker scoop because im not about to pay 800 dollars for a shaker scoop. I was wondering what yall would think of this idea, obv the purist out there are going to be salty as always but i would not consider it a clone or stolen valor because they never made them for the s197 generation. let me know what yall think and if you guys have any ideas! My crashed newedge and s197 down below

Attachments

• 87864586_10156744053505740_5944899289363775488_o.jpg
    87864586_10156744053505740_5944899289363775488_o.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_20200406_160226__01.jpg
    IMG_20200406_160226__01.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 432
  • Sponsors (?)

Cervinnis sells everything you need to convert it to a Mach 1. Not my car btw, but pictures that were on another thread. I've purchased numerous parts from them, they all fit with no extra work required.

The rear spoiler on that vehicle is a reproduction of the 69/70 part.

Another alternative is the Boss 429 look. Here's a kit with all the pieces to get that look. Love the giant hood scoop.

Attachments

• front 1.jpg
    front 1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 759
  • ga 1.jpg
    ga 1.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 563
  • ga 5.jpg
    ga 5.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 423
  • side 2.jpg
    side 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 451
  • hood 4.jpg
    hood 4.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 577
Cervinnis sells everything you need to convert it to a Mach 1. Not my car btw, but pictures that were on another thread. I've purchased numerous parts from them, they all fit with no extra work required.

The rear spoiler on that vehicle is a reproduction of the 69/70 part.

Another alternative is the Boss 429 look. Here's a kit with all the pieces to get that look. Love the giant hood scoop.
Interesting, I will look into it, however I am kinda balling on a budget so I don't know if I have the money to get a hood painted

I trying to come to a decision hoodwise on mine as well. Mine is nice, but it has some hail dents that need some PDR to work out. I've found a Cervinni's hood I like, already painted. Trouble is the wrong color. So which is more expensive, PDR or getting that hood painted to match? Hmmmmmm.....

The front spoiler, and the scoops on the back all are Cervinnis and fit great. Also the color match is perfect. Last pic is what it looked like when I bought it.

I put all new lightning on it this past weekend. Chrome with smoke lenses, sequential LED tail lights, LED third brake light, smoked corners. Took soome pictures, but they didn't turn out to my liking. Have to try again this weekend.

Attachments

• 01010016.JPG
    01010016.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 446
  • 01010018.JPG
    01010018.JPG
    579.4 KB · Views: 346
  • 01010019.JPG
    01010019.JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 01010020.JPG
    01010020.JPG
    496.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 01010001.JPG
    01010001.JPG
    523.3 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I trying to come to a decision hoodwise on mine as well. Mine is nice, but it has some hail dents that need some PDR to work out. I've found a Cervinni's hood I like, already painted. Trouble is the wrong color. So which is more expensive, PDR or getting that hood painted to match? Hmmmmmm.....

The front spoiler, and the scoops on the back all are Cervinnis and fit great. Also the color match is perfect. Last pic is what it looked like when I bought it.

I put all new lightning on it this past weekend. Chrome with smoke lenses, sequential LED tail lights, LED third brake light, smoked corners. Took soome pictures, but they didn't turn out to my liking. Have to try again this weekend.
I was thinking of maybe purchasing a black hood scoop and doing the mach 1 vinyl from https://rockymountaingraphics.com/product/05-09-mustang-mach-1-style-hood-blackout/

Well, I found just the hood scoop by itself, also from Cervinnis. I'm thinking if I keep my current hood and get the dents PDRed, I may replace the current hood scoop with one of these. Very large aggressive scoop. The one on my car now is a Roush part. It's nice, but I like the one I linked below better.

It comes with a template for fitting it to the hood and drilling the required six holes.

Well, I found just the hood scoop by itself, also from Cervinnis. I'm thinking if I keep my current hood and get the dents PDRed, I may replace the current hood scoop with one of these. Very large aggressive scoop. The one on my car now is a Roush part. It's nice, but I like the one I linked below better.

It comes with a template for fitting it to the hood and drilling the required six holes.

Do you see the picture of my newedge? Im thinking about doing something like that for the scoop

There is also this hood available. All it needs is a paint job to get color matched. Looks like it's the last of it's kind. I was thinking on it, but just can't seem to pull the plug. Looks too much like a Dodge Charger hood set up, with the exception of the two side vents, which are 2013/14 Mustang parts. I'm still thinking about it though. Need to talk with the body shop half a mile from me, see which they would rather do, PDR my existing hood or paint this and install it for me.

I have no problem with clones, you get a good looking car without the price tag and the ability to drive it without the constant worrying that something will happen to it. I'd think again about the shaker though, they are spendy but so worth it. :drool:

Attachments

• wrap5.jpg
    wrap5.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 96
  • new wheels 1.jpg
    new wheels 1.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 175