2006 Mustang GT Premium Spark plugs and coil packs

Hey Folks, Happy 2019!
I'm getting ready to do the dreaded spark plug change, I got my 06 in Apr of 18, and I don't know if the crappy 2 P.O.S. plugs were ever removed, so I'm doing the Seafoam in the tank trick (2nd tank so far) then the Deep creep on the top of the heads.

I'm looking for suggestions on Plugs and coil packs. on the coil packs, I'm leaning toward the
Accel Super Coil Packs - Yellow
with the
Brisk Silver Racing Spark Plugs - Up to 450HP
from American Muscle

I'm wanting just a little better running car. What would you folks suggest, or what kind of set up do you have, and how does your horse run?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm wanting just a little better running car. What would you folks suggest, or what kind of set up do you have, and how does your horse run?

I would suggest pulling codes and explaining what symptoms you have for a car that's not running as well as you think it should.

I can almost [guarantee] you that installing 'racing' plugs and an Accel coil will not fix any issues you currently have or make the car pull any harder than is currently does.

How many miles is on each of engine sensors? O2 sensors?

How many miles are on the car?

There is no Accel coil pack that is equal to or better than the OEM piece for the street. Snake Oil

How old is your fuel pump? Injectors?

Do you have any leaks anywhere?

Reactions: 1 user
On a car with no boost, No Nitrous, and not an overly large cam, you won't gain anything changing coil packs or changing the heat range of the plugs. But you may create problems. I have 270,000 Miles on my 06 GT (Bought new). Still have the original coils. I switched to Champion 7989 One Piece plugs at around 60,000 miles and put aver 100,000 miles on the 7989's with no problems. The ignition system is plenty strong for a somewhat stock Mustang. Changing Heat range will create idle problems without any gain. More powerful coils won't help power unless you have increased cylinder pressure from boost, nitrous, or serious engine mods. Don't overthink it. Keep it simple.