2006 Mustang Vs 2010 Camaro Ss Union Hill Drag Strip

tobynt

Aug 26, 2011
Nashville, TN
Here is our stock 2006 Mustang GT beating a 2010 Camaro SS. Both are automatic cars. Our 2006 Mustang has about 98,000 miles on it and we were running the stock tires.

The SS got a little trigger happy and red-lighted but, he still only pulled a 9.3 in an 1/8th mile. Our 2006 Mustang GT is pretty constant with 9.1 in an 1/8th mile. My wife was also a asleep at the wheel and pulled a 0.3 something reaction time.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice run. You can bet though had you guys gone 1/4-mile rather than 1/8-mile, the results would not have been the same. Those LSX's pull hard on the top end.

Yup, she uses this one as a daily driver. She has (or I got her as a gift)...a 2010 Camaro SS 6 speed in the garage. They are very quick especially when putting the traction control in competition mode. The results of that race was merely a driver not knowing the car. Your right, in a 1/4 mile......the results are very different. But, I haven't seen a full stock trim automatic Camaro SS pull better then an 8.9 in an 1/8th at this track. I have seen the 6 speeds pull 8.5-8.8 at this track though.

Cool! There is a 1/8th mile at Buffalo Valley (somewhere around exit 268 on I-40). Crossville also has a drag strip, can't remember if it's a 1/4 or 1/8th mile though.