2006 Saleen blown GT & blue smoke

Spikely15

Oct 28, 2006
Salisbury, MD
Fellas,

Need some help if ya can. I installed a Saleen blower on my 2006 GT roughly a year ago. It works wonders...no complaints, no issues while running. However, and this is a big however - if I start her up every few days, she starts up perfectly. If I let it sit for 10-14 days, she's very hesitant to start up. It'll take several turns of the key, each time producing a healthy amount of blue smoke out the back. Once she's started up, she's fine...normal.

Any ideas what would cause this or how to fix it - other than making sure to drive her every few days? :shrug:

Thanks guys,

Dustin

• Sponsors (?)

Blue smoke is burning oil, nothing to really worry about unless she does it all the time. A lot of people get smoke on startup, I get it if the last time I shut the engine down it was cold (like if I just start the car to move it out of the way).

The hesitation to start up may be a fuel issue, since the car is off for long periods the lines may drain their fuel back to the tank. Next time try cycling the ignition between the off and run positions 4-5 times, leaving it for a second or two in the on position, to let the pump get fuel back up to the injectors.
Dan

You can cure the blue smoke issue by installing an oil seperator inline with a PCV valve from the driver's side valve cover to the intake manifold. This filters out the oil in the blowby (crankcase venting) and only allows air into your intake manifold from the PCV line, thus eliminating the oil that would normally get through and cause the occasional blue smoke.

I have an oil seperater on mine works great . Got it on e-bay . BKU set up comes complete. Call Brett at 727-946-6036. Just tell him what you have and he will custom make a set up for you. You have the Corvette killer tune way cool just got back from brenspeed last week .They installed my Vortech what a great bunch of guys there. The oil seperater should run you around $50 when you see the oil it spits into the little seperater cup you will know why you have blue smoke.