Exhaust 2006 V6 GT Exhaust

EMMonroe

May 19, 2018
Indiana
Hey Guys! I'm new to the forums and I've been looking for some help on what I should do with my exhaust system. With my current setup, I have a single exhaust and that's it. I don't have a second rear valence which I will cut my self but I want to but a GT Exhaust on the V6. I know some people think it's dumb to do and spend the money but I think they sound cool. I have read on AmericanMuscle.com that I need to get a Pypes Cut and Clamp X Pipe which I will get when I get some suggestions from you all! I want to put a Borla Atak exhaust on my car but where would I get a mid muffler from? would I have to buy the Pypes Mid Muffler and then just not use the exhaust system then bolt on the Ataks? Sorry if I am sounding dumb I'm 17 and just getting into cars. I have enough money from my job and Just need some suggestions! Thanks Guys!

- Ethan

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Guys! I'm new to the forums and I've been looking for some help on what I should do with my exhaust system. With my current setup, I have a single exhaust and that's it. I don't have a second rear valence which I will cut my self but I want to but a GT Exhaust on the V6. I know some people think it's dumb to do and spend the money but I think they sound cool. I have read on AmericanMuscle.com that I need to get a Pypes Cut and Clamp X Pipe which I will get when I get some suggestions from you all! I want to put a Borla Atak exhaust on my car but where would I get a mid muffler from? would I have to buy the Pypes Mid Muffler and then just not use the exhaust system then bolt on the Ataks? Sorry if I am sounding dumb I'm 17 and just getting into cars. I have enough money from my job and Just need some suggestions! Thanks Guys!

- Ethan

Ethan:

Welcome aboard!

First and foremost, don't concern yourself with what "some (other) people think"... While soliciting others' opinions/reccomendations is fine for helping guide you between multiple options, in the end, the final decision should be yours (unless they are the ones who're paying for the car/its' mods).

I am planning a similar upgrade for my V6, though (for now) my plan is to just go with an axle-back from Ford Performance Parts (p/n M-5230-MSVTCD), as my 2014 already features a factory dual exhaust; this kit will provides both the GT500's quad-tip mufflers and a new rear valance. Not sure if Ford makes such a beast for your application, but it may be worth checking into... Having read the reviews for this at AM, there wasn't a single negative comment from those who installed this on their V6.