2008 Mustang GT DTC P0345 P0349

Quickshot23

May 20, 2018
Hamburg
Hey guys,

I am encountering an issue with the notorious P0345/P0349 camshaft position sensor.

So far I have:

Replaced the sensor
Rewired the connector
Replaced the alternator

The DTC came back just as it was prior.

I filled a troubleshooting method which had me check the ground wire in the connector.

Bank 1 shows a solid ground, bank 2 does not.

Bank 2 is where the issue is...

As far as I know, the engine runs fine, idles fine, and appears like all is well besides the DTC.

I wanted to check the wiring coming from the PCM but I cannot find where this sensor connects.

What should I do next?

• Sponsors (?)

I understand that this could possibly be a bad chassis ground somewhere? Does anyone know where this grounds to the chassis so I can check that ground?
Have you found an answer to your problem concerning the p0345 p0349 codes. I have the same on my mustang. I replaced alternator timing chain/tensioner and phasers, along with cam sensor solenoids and positioning sensors. My car still has codes and doesnt run right.

Wow Tjhoff, you covered everything! Have you had the alternator rechecked? Mine passed voltage regulation, but the Diode/Rectifier failed. Replaced it and tested it passed and codes went away. Wait... thinking about it, I wasn't running bad, you say you are. Still may be worth having it tested, Parts houses can test in the car. Either way, following this just in case I run into the problem. If either of you fix, please post the fix.

I had this issue and it went away with a new alternator.

Have you checked where the wiring harness runs into the fuse block? Maybe the terminal in the fuse block shorted out? This happened to me with my radiator fan causing it to work intermittently. Could it possibly be the camshaft itself?

I am not an expert, just throwing thoughts out there.