2008 Mustang GT

cobbler1262

Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
C&L Racer Cold Air Intake w/ 95mm MAF
I just biught this car and this cold air intake was installed. However the housing was not installed and not included. Where can i get of C & L to get one for my car?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, This Intake is for moving large amounts of air, if you’re planning on that in the future, great. Have a supporting Tune for it? Won’t make near its potential without one.
. If the model pictured below, unfortunately what you see is what you get.
There are better models for street use, the Stock Intake butterflies won’t flow anywhere near the potential of this CAI, nor will the stock exhaust.Good if planning other mods in the near future. I’d 8C32E897-5E86-4767-A3A7-0AB578F634D8.jpeg B9CD9AF7-2804-415F-A4E3-CDE4CC2E209C.jpeg

what is pictured is what it comes with, there isn’t any other shroud with this model, and most of these rely on the Hood to seal & otherwise, a wide open design. Please let me know if I have the P/N wring, or if you require more information.
-John
P.S. American Muscle sells these and many other aftermarket Intakes.

So i can not buy the housing alone then?
Hi, So you don’t have the housing around the Intake, like the one in the picture, just the filter and the intake tube? If you’re missing that part, there’s a chance you may be able to buy it alone direct from C&L, but I don’t believe American Muscle or any 2nd party vendor will sell you a missing piece unless you just purchased it & it wasn’t in the box you received..They carry full assemblies in stock, don’t think they would have extra’s in stock that you’re in need of.
I’d try American Muscle first, anyway- look on their site first to make sure you have the right part # ready when you call, worst thing they’ll say is “no”, then ask for the phone number for C&L, or if they can put you in contact with C&L, directly..They should have what you need & sell it to you.
Good luck with it!
-John

Hi, interestingly enough- C&L has a phone number, I googled it, called it- it’s a disconnected line! So, I was curious, too- called AM and talked my way in through a few people, learned AM recently BOUGHT C&L!
Suggestion they gave was sloppy at best, they won’t sell individual parts, only whole assemblies at this point. What I’d do
is either look at the pic’s and modify an existing vehicles Airbox, or fabricate one similar out of Aluminum or Stainless, and locate the holes, Drill & Bolt it up.Doesnt need be exact, just similar to the pic. .
Or, search in Google for the part & something else may pop up. Maybe a used one with the shroud. I’d just build one. They would probably want a ridiculous amount of $$ for a new shroud, alone- if you could find a new one, knowing the way these Companies work these days.
Wish I could help more, didn’t seem like an unreasonable request, but they’re making it that way by Monopolizing so you purchase another.
Good luck!
John