Drivetrain 2008 S197 Gt Ticking Engine

MustangGT559

Aug 26, 2015
I started hearing a ticking sound around my air manifold that was pretty quite, but recently only got louder. the sound is there at idle and while driving, I replaced my spark plugs,coils and VCT solenoids but the sound is still there, the rpms also randomly drop to 600-700 and go back to about 900-1000.
My car is pretty much stock 95k miles with an airaid CAI, pypes axle back exhaust with a 91r Bama tune

• Sponsors (?)

Perhaps you have a bad rocker arm or lash adjuster. Both have been known to become noisy. YouTube have examples of what a bad rocker and lash adjuster sound like and how to repair it.

Perhaps you have a bad rocker arm or lash adjuster. Both have been known to become noisy. YouTube have examples of what a bad rocker and lash adjuster sound like and how to repair it.
I couldn't find a video showing what the actual rocker arm or lash adjusters look like when they are damaged, how do I determine whether they are good or bad ?

Try YouTube searching "Ford 4.6, 5.4, 6.8 can follower/rocker arm failure, or 5.4 3V Triton ticking noise. Looks like it could be more or less the same issue in all 3V ford engines that exhibit a ticking noise.

The