2011 GT500

foxmustangman

Jun 20, 2007
Idaho
I haven't heard any info on the engine yet, but here's a pic.
4341772280_3b864b6dee_b.jpg

FWIW, i don't like the racing stripes. They're too thin and too close together. Side stripe is pretty decent.

• Sponsors (?)

K, so this has an all-aluminum 5.4 block. It doesn't have iron cylinder liners, but instead has a Plasma Thermal Cylinder Liner coating sprayed and baked on at 35,000*. It weighs 102lbs less than the old 5.4, and pumps out 550hp and 510lbs of tq. It also gets 15/23mpg elimintating the gas-guzzler tax on it.

I really don't care for what they did with the stripes. The stripes on the previous GT500s were much better. Still, I always felt that, if I was to ever get one, it would be a "stripe delete". That said, I absolutely love the 2010+ GT500. With the updated Mustang body that thing looks pretty wicked. I'll take dark blue, please. Come on lotto! I got the wheels picked out and everything. :D

They developed a special tire with Goodyear I think?? They took 3 seconds on a 2.3 mile lap time from last years model, pretty big number. When the answer questions in the video, well lets just say they made sure they didn't say much, just refered back to what they all ready stated. wonder why.

I'm not big on the 350, too much $ for not enough go, I'd rock the hell out of a GT500 though, Hopefully they'll have a super snake package worked out for the '11

Yeah, I'm definately out on the stripes....the thinner ones look kinda weak and the solid side stripes just don't look right. I really like the 2010 GT500 stripes - especially the side stripes. I thought they looked clean and bold.
The new GT500 is a heck of a deal now. Faster, lighter, stickier on the ground - and a much better bargain than the overpriced Fast and Furious-looking GT350!

100% i'm with you brother :nice:. Love the '10 bodystyle
Agreed. One thing I really like is that the GT looks "lean" again. And to think that the 2011 will finally break the coveted 400hp mark and get a 6-speed. The '10 GT is already impressive but the power increase is the icing on the cake.

fiveohwblow, for me the main turn-off (yes, there's more than one. lol) with the GT350 is the ground efx. Imo it makes the car look bulky and it doesn't compliment the Mustang's smooth lines. The car itself should be a great performer so I do appreciate that aspect of it.

Agreed. One thing I really like is that the GT looks "lean" again. And to think that the 2011 will finally break the coveted 400hp mark and get a 6-speed. The '10 GT is already impressive but the power increase is the icing on the cake.

fiveohwblow, for me the main turn-off (yes, there's more than one. lol) with the GT350 is the ground efx. Imo it makes the car look bulky and it doesn't compliment the Mustang's smooth lines. The car itself should be a great performer so I do appreciate that aspect of it.

That is what I have gathered from a majority of the dislike going around for it. I am not much of a purist and think ground effects really help many cars out so I thought it looked great. :shrug: Seems like I am outnumbered greatly on this one though!