2011 Mustang GT Exhaust Opinions

BLKsteeda

Jul 12, 2004
Anywhere
I'll be in the market soon for an axle back for my GT and was curious as to what your opinions are on the new 5.0 exhaust options. I'm definitely looking for something with low interior drone...I had enough drone with my 2 chamber flows on my 94. I was informed that Steeda will have a new exhaust available this month by another manufacturer compared to their current 2011 setup from Borla. It's supposed to be much lower interior drone but a slight bit quieter on the outside over their current one. Thanks for your opinions :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I like the GT500's from Ford. Nice rumble cruising and slowing, quiet inside, quiet at idle. May not be loud enough for some but I have been thru Flows, Cherry Bombs, and straight pipes on various Mustangs. Nice to have these. I can actually get on it without being heard blocks away. Low cost too.....

I have just installed the SSS Adrenaline axlebacks on my 2010 GT and I love them. Nice deep tone at idle, not to loud but when you step on it they roar. Slight drone at around 1800-2000 but after 2 weeks that is almost gone. Best bang for the buck IMO. Great quality for the money.

I installed a set of Borla S type axebacks and couldn't be more impressed. Great sound! wide open throttle it screams. No drone in fact when cruising at a steady speed you don't know they are there. For a performance exhaust interior noise is low.

I've decided to go with Steeda's new 5.0 design. They are no longer using Borla to make their 5.0 axle back. I'm having them installed on Tuesday...they are supposed to be a hair quieter then their current design (which is while supplies last) and they have much less interior drone. Not sure who makes the new design.

I stayed stock w/my 2010 'vert. So damned sick of mind-numbing highway drone w/my previous Mustangs, and all the "there's no drone" or "there's only minimal drone" testimony on this & other forums were BS. I used Borlas on two previous Mustang 'verts.in the past.
Some have said there really is a no-drone muffler---Corsa---but I haven't tried them so I can't say for sure.

BLKsteeda,

Hi, this is Justin from Ford Customer Service. FordRacing.com has a variety of different performance parts for your Mustang GT. If you haven’t already, take a minute to check out the exhaust systems available through Ford at: Ford Racing Performance Parts - [Parts] . If you have any other questions feel free to ask or PM.

Thank you,

Justin
Ford Customer Service Division

Justin I'd be interested in putting on the performance pack from Ford Racing which includes the GT500 mufflers as well as the tune to get rid of the skip shift, but what does that do to the warranty? I'm happy to have the dealer put it on if that makes a difference, but as I understand it Ford Racing stuff may cause the same warranty issues as other third party mods?

Thanks

i do believe its kooks

That's correct..and the intial post is right..They were using Borlas (the ones I have..clips on youtube). The new ones by kooks are a little quieter and supposed to have no drone. The Borlas have it slightly at 2000rpm, but now that I put the gears in, my hwy cruising is 75-80, the drone is completely gone since that puts me at 2400 rpm.

Ive been at Steeda about 5 times since I got the car, and the info posted here so far is accurate according to their salesman. I heard the new ones on their Silver prototype car (that's on the website) and I do say they are quieter..Im glad I got the Borlas' they have.

RC