2011 V6 and GT Performance Specs

Fast05

Sep 16, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Ok...so is it just me or is anyone else just dying with anticipation to see what this car can do??? Seriously, at this same time last year every single car mag had tested the 2010 and all we get now are HP, TQ, and gas mileage figures, and we still have people blindly buying these cars. I'm sure they're capable of quite an impressive performance, but seriously when are we going to see some 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times and track times and stopping distances? This is lame!

• Sponsors (?)

The 5.0 is expecting 12s right out of the box. and thats gonna be impressive imo. :) I am curious as to how the toque is gonna feel on both the 6 and the 8 since those numbers are lower.
Call me a redneck but I like that phrase "right out of the box". It makes my head shake like a bobble head. :)
another excuse for wife to buy a new mustang. Dear, They lowered the torque numbers on the new mustang so you don't loose your stomach as easily as before.

The 5.0 is expecting 12s right out of the box. and thats gonna be impressive imo. :) I am curious as to how the toque is gonna feel on both the 6 and the 8 since those numbers are lower.
Call me a redneck but I like that phrase "right out of the box". It makes my head shake like a bobble head. :)
another excuse for wife to buy a new mustang. Dear, They lowered the torque numbers on the new mustang so you don't loose your stomach as easily as before.

I would expect high 12's "out of the box" as you say :)

Also, not sure if I read or understood that right, but the new 5.0 makes 390 lb-ft of torque whereas the 4.6 makes 325 and the new 3.7l makes 280 and the outgoing 4.0 makes 240, that's an increase for both...

I would expect high 12's "out of the box" as you say :)

Also, not sure if I read or understood that right, but the new 5.0 makes 390 lb-ft of torque whereas the 4.6 makes 325 and the new 3.7l makes 280 and the outgoing 4.0 makes 240, that's an increase for both...

i mean comparable torq figures and HP figures as in
4.0 = 210 = 240
3.7 = 305 = 285
in this I mean the 285 should be higher like over 300
So my thought is with the lower torq rating I would assume a better top end and not so good a pull at take off. Just a thought. :)

im going to say with DR's the car will run 12.4s or better with a VERY GOOD DRIVER ive been racing since i was old enough to drive on a track.. its not uncommon for friends to throw me their keys to ring out a few extra tenth's or even seconds from their cars.

my 95 gt with 215hp at 15.0 in 1/4, backed up by several mags with "pro drivers" at the time..
i chipped off a 14.8 baseline.

back to the 2011

my 95 gt with approx same weight ( give or take a few pound's) and approx HP ( approx 410 ) ran 12.4 with worn DR's @ 112.93
without DR's i was running 12.7-.8's

my car had 3.73's with a procharger ( 14psi) and tremec 5spd plus a few bolt ons..
never dynoed the car.. just used weight/ gear, ET. calc's to approximate HP..

the numbers were almost the same.

and yes the car weight 3578 withot my ass in it// procarger and tremec added about 150# of weight.

I think the GT will be in the 12s with a 0-60 around 4.5 seconds. The V6 will be in the upper 13s with a 0-60 around 5.5 seconds. I think both the V6 (for the first time) and V8 will be impressive. I also think with a CAI and 93 oct tune the V6 should push around 330hp and 300lbs tq.

It took me about 5 minutes to figure out what the heck you were talking about... but you are implying the new engines may not be as fun to drive because the horsepower number is larger than the torque number?

I wouldn't worry about that. Overall torque is up substantially, and that would be across the board... not just the top end. The compression ratio on the new VVTI engines is substantially higher, around 11:1, giving more torque everywhere and the variable valve timing allows them to retain strong low and mid range torque.

Combine that with steeper gears to take advantage of the more revy engine, and you are putting a serious amount more torque to the ground, and torque to the ground is what makes it fun to drive. :)

i mean comparable torq figures and HP figures as in
4.0 = 210 = 240
3.7 = 305 = 285
in this I mean the 285 should be higher like over 300
So my thought is with the lower torq rating I would assume a better top end and not so good a pull at take off. Just a thought. :)