2013 Gt 5.0 Or A 2009 Gt500

2013 5.0 or a 2009 GT500

• 5.0 Coyote

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • 2009 GT500

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Hands down, the GT500. Here's my thought... The new GTs are a dime a dozen (ok... maybe upwards of $30k) and the internals are very costly to upgrade in order to add more power.

A GT500 is already built. It requires odds and ends to continue to make more power. A full blower swap makes the thing scream like it was on fire. You find a used one in great shape with low miles and for a couple grand, you can have that thing well over the 650hp mark of the brand new Shelby.

The GTs with Sync and all the other nice creature comforts are fine... for a daily commuter that also provides the fun in the pants. A Shelby though... Those cars are for drivers who get all tingly inside and roll down the windows just to hear the exhaust note for yet another high speed pass under a bridge or through a tunnel.

My only pet peeve with with GT500s are rally stripes. DITCH EM! Let the motor do the talking. Rally stripes are for 6 bangers that don't have a whole lot else going for them. :D

If I were in the market for a used Shelby, I'd try to stretch into an 11 or 12. Prices are coming down quite a bit thanks to the Trinity, so it's not as big of a jump from an 09 to an 11 as it was a few years ago. You get the chassis improvements, plus the aluminum block.

The Coyote GTs are really nice cars, and I would love to have one, but there's something about having S-H-E-L-B-Y on your back deck lid that is special, at least to me. (Save me the replies about how it's not a "real" Shelby... I am well versed in all things Shelby, back to the beginning. It's a fruitless argument that I refuse to indulge)

Noobz: LeMans stripes is a more accurate name, and FWIW, the six cylinder cars only started running them to try to capture the looks of a Shelby. LeMans stripes are part of the character of a Shelby (of any year--although yes, I'm well aware that all cars did not have them). I'll keep mine, and flaunt them like the egomaniac that I am. :eek: If one must remove the stripes from a Shelby, there's only one proper way to do it-apply enough right pedal to peel them off.

Shelby-1000-1.jpg

Pure SECKS. No stripes required.

at the moment, Im trying to work out some deals on some barely used 2012s, no stripes, but they are half way across the country.

a friend of mine who is the sales manager at a large local dealership is probably going to do all the talking with them for me, as I am too swamped with work to try to make this transaction work and its not really my specialty. never ordered a vehicle from a dealership in another state before...