2014 V6 Pricing??

nancygrl

Nov 25, 2009
Hey all,

Looking at a 2014 V6 Mustang, V6, 6-spd manual, 57K miles. 1 owner good carfax. Dealer is asking 15,790.
Per cargurus that is a bit high. Wondering what y'all think a good price is for this car ? Also, anything too look out for on a '14 V6 ???

Thanks in advance for any help/advise.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Can't help you on pricing, as it's going to be subjective to where in the country you're located....but the '14 V6 is a fine car. Best of the S197 chassis, powered by a silky smooth V6 with plenty of go.

Hey all,

Looking at a 2014 V6 Mustang, V6, 6-spd manual, 57K miles. 1 owner good carfax. Dealer is asking 15,790.
Per cargurus that is a bit high. Wondering what y'all think a good price is for this car ? Also, anything too look out for on a '14 V6 ???

Thanks in advance for any help/advise.
As far as what to look for, almost nothing. Check it for signs of misuse, abuse, and prior accidents, and make sure the transmission shifts well and is noise-free. The 3.7, while not a good choice for the F150 (in case you come across any of my rants about my former daily driver of the last three years), is EXCELLENT in the Mustang.

The 3.7 cars hit the road in 2010 (as 2011s), and were already every bit as quick as my 4.6L 2010 GT, got better gas mileage, and for the first time in 6-cylinder Mustang history, sounded GOOD, especially with a good exhaust from Magnaflow or a set of GT takeoffs, but even stock, they're the best sounding 6-cylinder Mustang built. They're also incredibly reliable (I've replaced a single crankshaft position sensor in a 103k mile Mustang out of all of the 3.7 Ford engines I've worked on dating back to 2008 in the Mazda CX-7), and in every application except the F150, they are good on gas (no, I don't know what Ford screwed up there).

If you can live with the price or haggle it down (shop for similar cars on a big marketplace like Autotrader, and bring those prices with you to the dealership, be prepared for arguments from the sales staff about why their car is different and so on), and the car checks out clean (either take it to a mechanic of your choosing or bring one with you, don't take your selling dealer's word for it), go for it.

Heads up though, if you shop hard enough, you might be able to find a 3.7L S550 car (2015+) for about the same price, and as good as the S197s are, the S550s are even better.

Thanks 74stang2togo.....good info...I've had a couple of SN95 GT's before. There's V6 2 cars that I'm considering, the one 2014...and the newer style 2015. The '15 is a 2k more than the '14, but both priced sort of reasonably. Plan to test drive both, hopefully this weekend. Everything I've been reading says the 3.7L is a good engine in the Mustang.

Thanks 74stang2togo.....good info...I've had a couple of SN95 GT's before. There's V6 2 cars that I'm considering, the one 2014...and the newer style 2015. The '15 is a 2k more than the '14, but both priced sort of reasonably. Plan to test drive both, hopefully this weekend. Everything I've been reading says the 3.7L is a good engine in the Mustang.
For only a $2,000 difference, it would a no brainer for me. The S550 is twice the car the S197 is.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I got the 2014 today. Deep Impact Blue Metallic. It's a dealer photo, will take some this weekend after I detail it really good. I missed out on the 2015 by 2 days.

Blue bayou.jpg

Reactions: 1 user