2015 Mustang Seats In Fox

Bossed

May 16, 2010
image.jpeg
Been working on my son's 92 SSP interior. The interior was in pretty decent shape, except the driver seat foam was in need of replacing. I originally intended to put 05-14 Mustang seats in the car, but after seeing the 15' models I decided to try them. I had to cut the tracks off and weld some square tubing to the seat, then drill holes for the original Fox tracks. Man what a difference in looks and feel. I moved the tracks forward on the seat to give more leg room, and they sit a little lower than the Fox seats which is to my liking.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks Dave, I didn't take any pictures while doing the work, but I've got to pull one out to finish installing the interior. I'll try to remember to take some of the bottom, so you can see what I did.

Reactions: 1 user
nice job, that looks great. was going to try to do the same. could of got a good deal on 15's but it looked like it would of need a good amount of fab work and i dont weld. would love to see what u did to make them work

Nice work, 2015 Seats are something I would like to add to my car too.

Thanks, I like them enough, I'm seriously thinking about installing a set in one of my 70 Fastback projects.

nice job, that looks great. was going to try to do the same. could of got a good deal on 15's but it looked like it would of need a good amount of fab work and i dont weld. would love to see what u did to make them work

Thanks, when they first arrived I was disappointed that they were not made like the earlier seats. I too, thought this could be more than l bargained for, but it gave me a challenge, and I just loved the look and feel, so, challenge accepted. I couldn't believe how easy the seats were to take apart, that made it super easy to get to everything.

Bossed

I installed the stereo and console, and bolted the front seats in. I won't install the door panels, and the rest of the interior until after paint. Thought I'd share a couple of pictures.
IMG_1273.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Boy I still like those seats.

What a clean look, you got to be pleased with how the interior looks.

How much did you have to pay for the seats? I'm lusting after those.

IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG
Boy I still like those seats.

What a clean look, you got to be pleased with how the interior looks.

How much did you have to pay for the seats? I'm lusting after those.

Dave, I have $500 in the seats and maybe another $20 in square tubing. I found the seats on eBay. The seller listed the seats in separate auctions, I set my highest offer for both seats, but wouldn't you know, I only won one seat :doh: !! The good thing about the eBay seat was the seller offered FREE shipping, so I got the passenger seat for $202, it came FedEx. The driver seat, I found on Car-Part for $150, but they would only ship truck freight and that was $150. The seats look and feel great to me, I want another set for one of my 70 models.

Here's a couple of pictures of the stuff I cut off, and the Fox tracks mounted on the new seat.

Last edited:
A set of seat covers for the original Fox interior runs almost $400 (but that includes the back seats also). If you need to replace the foam you're going to spend a lot more.

Those look good, and I like the red floormats. Nice touch.

I kinda want to look into this. I have 99-04 seats in mine, but they do sit a little high. I'd like to get down a little lower as I'm 6'1", and it seems a newer set of seats is the way to go. Just need a welder first.

Those look good, and I like the red floormats. Nice touch.

I kinda want to look into this. I have 99-04 seats in mine, but they do sit a little high. I'd like to get down a little lower as I'm 6'1", and it seems a newer set of seats is the way to go. Just need a welder first.

Thanks, I'm still not totally sold on the red floor mats :thinking:I'm 6'1" also, but I'm kind of long waisted, so having headroom is a must. My Dad has a Terminator and it's not comfortable because I feel like I sit so damn high. My son said he likes the way the seats are, if it were mine I'd probably have lowered them about an inch on the front, but I like to sit low. I mounted the tracks a little forward to give more leg room, compared to the original seats, there's no comparison.

Sorry for bring a dead post back, question. Whats length and the width of the square tubing? Also did you weld on the part on the two cylinder tubes on the front and back? The 2016 seats i have had the electrical lamber.
I still have to take off a few things, but i was thinking of taking that tube up front off and weld a tube straight across as one piece with the square tube like a box or cut and grind that square bracket thing and weld the square tube only like u did.

Attachments

• 20170302_222404.jpg
    20170302_222404.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 1,045
Last edited:
Sorry for bring a dead post back, question. Whats length and the width of the square tubing? Also did you weld on the part on the two cylinder tubes on the front and back? The 2016 seats i have had the electrical lamber.
I still have to take off a few things, but i was thinking of taking that tube up front off and weld a tube straight across as one piece with the square tube like a box or cut and grind that square bracket thing and weld the square tube only like u did.
That round pipe section looks to me like it is for height adjustment, if you are adding your stock Fox Tracks then the height adjustment would work from that.

Thanks, I'm still not totally sold on the red floor mats :thinking:I'm 6'1" also, but I'm kind of long waisted, so having headroom is a must. My Dad has a Terminator and it's not comfortable because I feel like I sit so damn high. My son said he likes the way the seats are, if it were mine I'd probably have lowered them about an inch on the front, but I like to sit low. I mounted the tracks a little forward to give more leg room, compared to the original seats, there's no comparison.
@Bossed Waking up the dead :zombie:
Did you finish the interior on this car? It's been about a year since you last updated and I'm curious how the finished product turned out? I just picked up some 2017 Mustang 5.0 GT seats that are climate controlled (cooled and heated) and full power. I'm about to start seeing what's the best way to get them in the car and possibly try to keep some of the power functions if possible, not a big deal if I lose those though. I do have a Fox power driver seat I could grab the seat tracks from too or may just swap over my manual seat tracks.

Please post an update.

The cooling/heating function might be an issue. Usually there's a module under the passenger seat that controls the function for both seats, and it's controlled by the FCIM and APIM module in the dash. All intertwined and programmed via Ford IDS tool.

To take just the seats and bypass that could be tricky. The seats are heated/cooled by a TED device which is regulated through the DSCM. It gets turned on via PWM signal.

In other words....it's complex. Might just need to require the TED devices and run them unregulated and hope you don't burn them up

I only know this because I just got done troubleshooting and fixing my non working heat/cool seats on my Taurus

If I ever pick up a set with them, I'll give it a shot. The cooling feature is nice. Feels like peeing your pants while you drive. I recommend it

Last edited:
His son rolled the car awhile back, he took a little break from mustangs. Though he did buy a replacement shell to build, I’d kind of like to know how that one is going.

Hey fellas, I'll have to search my phone to see if I have any pictures of it finished. I don't remember if we took pix of the interior specifically. I know there are different versions of these seats, powered, manual, heated/cooled etc. The seats I purchased were manually adjusted, even the height adjustment. Our seats would not fit in the car. They would have sit way too high, and they were no match for the Fox floor. The 2015 seat brackets are welded to the seat frame, so I cut them off with a ziz wheel. I removed the height adjustment mechanism from ours since it was not needed. I welded the square tubing to the round tubes and bolted the Fox seat adjusters to the square tubing. The seats are a tight fit, but they do fit, and they're head and shoulders above the originals.

Bossed

IMG_1319.JPG
His son rolled the car awhile back, he took a little break from mustangs. Though he did buy a replacement shell to build, I’d kind of like to know how that one is going.

Dave, the donor car I purchased was to salvage the roof from it, to replace our damaged one. Have some family that own a Body Shop, and they're going to cut the top from the donor and weld it on our car. Supposed to start on it October 9th.

Bossed