2021 Ordered

• Sponsors (?)

Just an FYI, the 18+ 10R80 trans in the mustang GT has a built in trans brake, it is hidden and locked out but you unlock it with HP tuners software. If you plan on using it, invest in better axles and driveshaft, as the stockers will break on hard drag strip launches especially with sticky tires.

Just an FYI, the 18+ 10R80 trans in the mustang GT has a built in trans brake, it is hidden and locked out but you unlock it with HP tuners software. If you plan on using it, invest in better axles and driveshaft, as the stockers will break on hard drag strip launches especially with sticky tires.

That's cool as hell.

View: https://youtu.be/U91Qc0EZIc8

Not sure I could bring myself to do that on a new car with factory warranty though.

can it be unlocked with Forescan?

i was wondering that myself. Did a quick search but couldn’t find any mention.

Usually it something is present in the factiry code and can be unlocked, ForScan can do it. Unfortunately I don’t have an ‘18+ mustang to play around with to find out.

Reactions: 1 user
All the info I've seen says you need HP tuners software to unlock it. Can't verify as I have a 17 with the MT-82.

I do know that there is nothing in the track apps menu to enable or disable to use it. Once unlocked it's just there to use whenever you choose. Maybe that's why you can't use forscan. From what I understand, forscan can only modify things that are already accessible thru the normal menu, just allowing the parameters to go beyond a normal situation. Like allowing more than 15 minutes run time on a remote start, or changing the flash to pass from the standard 3 flashes to five.

My manual 17 has launch control in the track apps, and I've used it. You just turn it on, set your rpm, mash the throttle (if you roll into it slowly it bypasses the launch control) and dump the clutch and hold on. I have mine set at 3200rpm, I played around with other rpm's and found 3200 is where I get a slight chirp out of the tires so that is the breaking point of traction for the tires I have.

Last edited:
I think since all manual GT's get launch control from the factory, that all auto GT should have the trans brake listed in the track apps also. But good news, you do get a factory line lock. All GT from 2015+ get it and ecoboost from 2018+ does too. The exception is cars shipped to and sold in Australia. The Aussie gov't won't allow line lock, they think it promotes reckless driving, but the rest of the world gets it.

Ford order tracker shows 40 days until dealer drop off.

already ordered all weather floor mats, trunk protector, steeda jacking rails, roc blokz and....a key chain lol

Reactions: 1 user