24 pound inj on 347 ???

• Sponsors (?)

i have a built 347 stroker and i also have 24 pound injectors and the fuel pressure gadge reads 38....i just dynoed my car today and it made.......415 horsepower!!!! so ya my air/fuel was good the whole way threw

i have a built 347 stroker and i also have 24 pound injectors and the fuel pressure gadge reads 38....i just dynoed my car today and it made.......415 horsepower!!!! so ya my air/fuel was good the whole way threw

BUT what was the duty cycle? My 30's are @ 94% before I hit the shift light on my 347. I can only imagine what yours is.

24's have as much value as 30's. (usually)
Sell yours on ebay, and buy 30's on ebay with the money.
Should be close to an even swap.

30's were used in quite a few different cars, i had a guy a while back willing to give me 30's out of thunderbird supercoupes at $10 each, he said he had hundreds of them.
I believe they are also used in chevy LS engines for some years.

I have 42's on my 347 but the motor isnt in the car yet. people say they are way too much but they are left over from my blower setup. My tuner says they are way more than enough and he can make them work with the tune ill be gettin on the dyno

I have 42's on my 347 but the motor isnt in the car yet. people say they are way too much but they are left over from my blower setup. My tuner says they are way more than enough and he can make them work with the tune ill be gettin on the dyno

The 42s will work fine. My 347 needs 42s but its not a priority right now since its winter.

Naturally aspirated, 42's are way too much.
You use the injector necessary for the setup, not the injector you have at the moment.

:nice:

An N/A 400 RWHP does not NEED 42 lb injectors.

There are several rides out there pushin 500-600 RWHP in boosted applications with 42 lb injectors.

Killercanary was running ~80% with 24 lb injectors at ~370 RWHP on his 331.

Stock Ls1 engines run 26-28 lb injectors depending on the year. These cars routinely run 400 RWHP with a few bolt-ons with the stock injectors.

The Ford 30 lb injectors are common upgrades for the guys going with H/C/I set-ups with 450 RWHP on their Ls1/Ls6 engines.

Of course, accurate software gets you accurate numbers.

24s will work but 36# would be ideal. 42s are way too much injector for a NA 347

Incorrect. :nonono:

When you start making power, spinning them higher than normal and run higher compression, the typical injectors can max out quick as myself and a buddy found out as we both are running maxed out 30s on our na 347s. His duty cycle was 100% @ stock fuel pressure according to the software on the Mustang dyno he used, mine was 94-96% duty cycle @ 41ish FP :( You can see the benefits of having accurate software in the palm of your hands :nice:

I know someone 477rwhp, 347, extrude honed highports, solid cam lifters, jesel rockers, R block, ran a now best of 10.40's, all motor.
30 pound injectors were just fine.

Naturally aspirated, 42's are way too much.
You use the injector necessary for the setup, not the injector you have at the moment.

You see i have asked this question on several different mustang forums and you get mixed responses but the responses to keep the 42's, since i have them, far out way the responses telling me not to keep them. The ones that told me to keep them were my enigne builder, sveral tuners (my personal tuner as well) and people that run 42's with the same setup. I think im gonna stick to my guns on this one and see how it pans out. Its one of those questions that people will argue duty cycles and his and that all day long. As far as idle N/A vs blower with the same injector, they still idle the same and use the same fuel. It will all work out fine in the tune