25hp for less than $500?

• Sponsors (?)

Mogs has good points. Many 4.6L $ to rwhp costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $40:1.

$600 for 30 rwhp is a great deal. However, bear in mind whatever it is that you are thinking up, some of those mods may already be present on a customer's car.

If cams and springs were a little cheaper, they would fit the category if they were aggressive enough (Comp 270s or VT Engines Stage II). You might even be able to get one of the companies to custom grind something to your specs to insure that the average gain was 20-25hp. However, the cheapest I have ever seen a cam/spring package go is $700.

Not really sure where else you are going to find that kind of power for that money.

nickthegenius said:
If cams and springs were a little cheaper, they would fit the category if they were aggressive enough (Comp 270s or VT Engines Stage II). You might even be able to get one of the companies to custom grind something to your specs to insure that the average gain was 20-25hp. However, the cheapest I have ever seen a cam/spring package go is $700.

Not really sure where else you are going to find that kind of power for that money.
maybe "stage 1" cams, so that you wouldn't require the spring swap, that should be able to pull your 20-25. :nice:

StangPro said:
I'm just trying to gage what hp per $$ should be.

I'm working on releasing a package of parts that will make a dyno proven 20-25hp and cost less than $500. Or for less than $600, I can get it around 30hp.

Does this seem like a good price for the performance? :shrug:

StangPro said:
Cams would probably fall in that category, but I'm talking about a half hour install too.

Dyno proven 20-25hp for less than $500 with an install time of under an hour? You have my attention...

Ok, if you do installs like I do, it may take over a half hour. It seems once I open the hood I end up spending an hour cleaning and figuring out my next mod before I ever touch a wrench.

I'm trying ot put together a package that consists of the following:

For around $500: (20-25hp)
Plenum
75mm TB
100mm full length CAI with fenderwell mounted filter

For around $600 (still working on this price level) (~30hp)
Include a Pro-M MAF

HP numbers are at the wheels. I've dyno tested versus a stock car with only a K&N drop-in filter and we're right at those power levels. I just need to do a few things before I can start selling these;

1. Finish talking to my suppliers to make sure there won't be any surprises and I can meet the cost, quality, power, and rapid delivery to buyers

2. Final dyno test of released parts.

Once this is done in a week or two, what does everyone think?

StangPro said:
Ok, if you do installs like I do, it may take over a half hour. It seems once I open the hood I end up spending an hour cleaning and figuring out my next mod before I ever touch a wrench.

I'm trying ot put together a package that consists of the following:

For around $500: (20-25hp)
Plenum
75mm TB
100mm full length CAI with fenderwell mounted filter

For around $600 (still working on this price level) (~30hp)
Include a Pro-M MAF

HP numbers are at the wheels. I've dyno tested versus a stock car with only a K&N drop-in filter and we're right at those power levels. I just need to do a few things before I can start selling these;

1. Finish talking to my suppliers to make sure there won't be any surprises and I can meet the cost, quality, power, and rapid delivery to buyers

2. Final dyno test of released parts.

Once this is done in a week or two, what does everyone think?

if something drastic happens to change my mind, and i stay n/a, i would buy it, if i was sure it would make the power you say it does.

ah sorry to break it to you buddy but you wont get 25-30 hp with just 3 mods that you can buy seperatly for alot cheaper

Plenum $115 PROB 5-7 HP
75mm throb $110 PROB 3-4 HP
CAI w K&N $65 4-6HP
Pro-M MAF 1-2 HP

Hey I got a mod for you 100hp for $400. GOT NO2?

dmarco_4u said:
ah sorry to break it to you buddy but you wont get 25-30 hp with just 3 mods that you can buy seperatly for alot cheaper

Plenum $115 PROB 5-7 HP
75mm throb $110 PROB 3-4 HP
CAI w K&N $65 4-6HP
Pro-M MAF 1-2 HP

I've already proven the plenum and TB at 11.3hp, 8.5 ftlbs of tq. I'm just waiting on the other pieces to confirm the whole package.

NO2? I prefer mods you use constantly and don't have to refill.

All I'm asking is that if I CAN make 20-25hp and sell it for less than $500, who would be interested. I'm not promising anything until I finish testing.