289 hipo what trans t5/aod

Bdharn

Dec 8, 2003
My car currently has a C6 and I have no clue what the cam is?? It has a really aggressive idle so much that I have to put the car in nuetral at the stop lights to keep it running smoothy otherwise it shakes the car really bad. I have 380 rear gears so I could use O/D. ? is with AOD all I need is the tranny tv cable and crossmember is this correct? my C6 drivline, yoke, starter, and flywheel will work. correct?

On the T5 I will need pedals ( which I can get for $125 the whole assembly) my starter,driveline, yoke will work I think? I have a 50oz flywheel that i can have changed to 28oz for about 50 bucks at local machine shop I already have t5 bellhousing so I would like to use the cable conversion from modern drivline. any experince with this? I will also need x member for this. Anything I am forgetting? What would you guys do?

My 289 has hipo heads roller rockers and is a mexican block long tube headers. The car sounds really mean but I have a low end bog ( due to stock torque convertor I think) that really bothers me. Other than that I haven't a clue at this point.

• Sponsors (?)

your 289 long tube headers won't work with the AOD and also the price of Stall converters are really expensive. i had to put a lot of money into mine to have it preform the way i wanted it to.

Thanks for the info. I think over the weekend I decided to go wit the T5 now Just have to get enough Money together to pick up a good one. Also have to convert everything. Thanks again