289 Oil Pan Gasket Confusion

FastSVO

Founding Member
Jun 28, 1999
Los Angeles
Ok guys, upon searching the web for a replacement gasket for my 289, I have come across two fel pro part #'s.

1) FEL-OS13260T 1 piece molded rubber gasket for early 289/302 pans

2) FEL-1809 3 piece set as quoted from Summit's website:

"Some are made from Felcoid/Plus, a special fiber core with a latex rubber coating. For applications where a tougher gasket is needed, others have a solid steel core wrapped with rubber-coated fiber facing material. "

Which one do I want? There is quite a difference in price $42 vs $15, but are there any gains to be had here with the one piece?

Thanks,

Eric

• Sponsors (?)

The one piece is reusable, just be carefull when removing it from an engine and don't tear the corners loose from the end seals. Even then, all that's needed is a dab of RTV sealer to fix it. It also comes with some plastic installation studs, these are priceless if you need to pull the pan with the motor in the car. Screw em into the 4 corner bolt holes, pop the gasket in place then do the same with the pan. They have a hook that hold the gasket in place while you get the pan. I also use the 80's-up 5.0 pan rail stiffeners that the 5.0's used from the factory. You can get these off any mid 80's 5.0 in a junkyard, get the longer bolts to go with em too.