Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

When redid all the brakes (5 lug) and suspension in mine, I aligned with a level, some string, and a tape measure. I was planning on bringing it somewhere, but like you, hate anyone working on the car. It runs straight as an arrow the way I set it up, and as little as I drive it….. it never went to the alignment shop. I do have to make one tweak on each tie rod end to get my steering wheel perfect, but right now, that’s just another thing in the list.

• Sponsors (?)

So, having been so impressed with the improvements this strut tower brace made, I have to ask…… what type of effect does the MM 4 point k-brace have?
At a little over $100…… I think this may be my next upgrade.
image.jpg

There’s certain things you do to a car that have you saying “man I love this car again”. The difference this strut brace just made, is doing that for me!
I honestly can’t believe how much more responsive the steering feels.

Reactions: 1 user
The way I look at it…when you buy an MM k-member, they include a brace for that section as well.

I definitely noticed a difference when I put my STB on, and was going to install one of those when I did my full K-member.

I did a rear brace as well and that did Jack diddley, so it’s not removed.

I think because I did so much at once (5 lug, 4 wheel disc, shocks struts and springs, frame connectors, rear control arms, and new rear gears, I didn’t notice the effect one single thing may have had. Along with not driving it for a year and a half.
This is the first time I’ve noticed one small upgrade have a very big effect on the car.

Beautiful day here, so I decide to drive the car to work (not so beautiful that I was working today…….. anyway).
I have an intermittent vibration coming from the right rear that I’m pretty sure is the tailpipe against the frame rail. Completely annoying!!
All the bolts are tight on the exhaust. I can’t even budge the tailpipe as far as spinning where it’s clamped to the muffler. I think it’s just the play in the rubber hanger.
I’m thinking of using something like this on either side of the rubber hanger, to keep it shifting from side to side. Thoughts?
48958442-4C5E-4600-BB62-556F8855FFFF.jpeg

Or do I look at a large piece of split hose around the pipe where it’s hitting the frame at times?

Car is running so good right now, that this is really aggravating me (cause I’ve got nothing else to go after at the moment).

…… I hate exhaust work!!!!

Wednesday my Maximum Motorsports K member brace should be here. Happy early Fathers Day to me!! I was going to buy a US General tool chest for on top of the workbench, but that can wait for a little while (but I do need more storage space). My plan was to remove the cover, and use the open top along with the drawers on the workbench.

Anyway……with the difference the strut tower brace made in the steering, I’m really curious to see what effect the K member brace has on the feel of the car.

K member brace is here. Everything I buy from MM impresses me more and more with this company. Made in USA and doing things right!
And just to add….. I bought this k member brace and a few other odds and ends to get me to the $147 free shipping threshold. I figured I may as well spend the money on “things” such as MM banner, license plate frame, catalog, etc. than on shipping. I get to just over $150, and they bang me for $38 in shipping. I email them, and the next day they respond with an apology and credit my PayPal. Top notch company, doing things right by the customer. That equals repeat business!!!
I start vaca on Fathers Day, so I’ll get this installed this coming week, and report back on the impact it had!
F32A8180-8FD4-4977-A545-477496DE360A.jpeg

I've thrown a few items in to also get over that threshold. Got a few of their T-shirts. I've worn it out in public and have had folks come up and start a conversation based on recognizing the name.

I stuck their plate frame on my DD for a while :)

So I took a little time this morning and got the lower k member brace bolted in. Fairly straightforward install. I did have to loosen the other two rearward bolts to shift the nut plate to get things to line up, but not a big deal.
After initial drive, I again find it has noticeably tightened up the front end and steering. Not as drastic as the strut tower brace did, but enough to say it was worth the $109.

Here’s a pic, although a bad one!!
C455421F-2E84-4579-AF7B-90140E40594D.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Made it to a car show today at one the local towns Summer Street fair. Closed down Main Street and had all the cars line up. Live music in a few different spots. Fun day!!
CC649E55-7C61-44DB-9CEC-81787F05FE98.jpeg

One of the first YouTube channels I came across when I bought my stang was House of Dula. He’s been a big help as well as inspiration, so I was showing him some love at the show!! Those who haven’t should check out his channel. A lot of cool content!
6ADE0885-FF2D-41C3-93A4-9281B555377D.png

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Made it to a car show today at one the local towns Summer Street fair. Closed down Main Street and had all the cars line up. Live music in a few different spots. Fun day!!
CC649E55-7C61-44DB-9CEC-81787F05FE98.jpeg

One of the first YouTube channels I came across when I bought my stang was House of Dula. He’s been a big help as well as inspiration, so I was showing him some love at the show!! Those who haven’t should check out his channel. A lot of cool content!
6ADE0885-FF2D-41C3-93A4-9281B555377D.png

I remember when Mike first started the channel 6 or 7 years ago and first bought his 86. We traded several emails about the direction of his build. It was great to see how he got his young son involved in some of the videos.. I agree much of his content are good tutorials.. He's a really good guy as well and is willing to help other guys with their mustang problems.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Not sure what happened here on my car.... The original owner ( my sister) has no idea either..... LOL
DSCF0703.JPG
The sway bar likes to rub against that support specially every time you hit a nice pothole,over time it will rub so much on the support it will eventually snap,I had that side welded at my work and put it back on, those tubes are useless, not sure why they made them hollow, defeats the purpose of strength.

Another time my sway bar mount broke on one side on the passenger side and unbeknownst to me it was rubbing on one of my cooler lines till it rubbed a hole in it, way I found out was my buddy called me after I left his house and said " you know you got a bad transmission leak?". lol, had to put a rubber hose splice till recently I dropped a new engine and just installed new cooler lines.