2R3Z18663DA Heater Hose

ns69

Jun 1, 2022
nova scotia
Hey Everbody, upon recent repair of a leaky gasket my mechanic found the heater hose ( part 2R3Z18663DA ) to be leaking. Unfortunately it is no longer a dealer item, can anyone suggest where I may find one or know of an aftermarket part available, I will mention I am in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Most auto parts stores will have a replacement for that item. Have your mechanic get one from where ever they normally get parts for their customers. Its a heater hose, Ford never actually made them anyway, always was sourced third party with Ford numbers on them.

Hey Everbody, upon recent repair of a leaky gasket my mechanic found the heater hose ( part 2R3Z18663DA ) to be leaking. Unfortunately it is no longer a dealer item, can anyone suggest where I may find one or know of an aftermarket part available, I will mention I am in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Thanks in advance
Hey, that pipe looks hard to come by. Looks like it cross references to a Motorcraft KT-23 but those are hard to find too.
1. Can the pipe be repaired (soldered or brazed)? There's a youtube video of a guy flux core welding his pipe (search "How to fix the heater pipe on your Ford Windstar 3.8L"). I soldered a leak on the crossover tube on my 4.6 4v and it's been holding solid.
2. Other idea would be to contact some junk yards.
3. If the nipple/o-ring ends are good I wonder if you could clamp on rubber hose between those ends. Most parts supplier carry bulk rubber hose sold by the foot.
4. If the leak is in the molded rubber part of the pipe (isn't your pipe is combination of metal tube and a molded rubber hose?), maybe a local parts supplier would let you look at their molded heater hose inventory for something with a similar shape then you could hose clamp it onto your pipe.