3-2 Conversion - Has anyone done it this way??

• Sponsors (?)

That's interesting. I wonder about the springs / proportioning and how it would function. According to the way they did it you don't need to buy a proportioning valve, 3-2 kit, and the $17 FMS plug; you would save a mint.

Well on pre 87 cars the its a 2 port MC so that being said isnt the porp valve already set up for 2 front and 1 rear? All you need to do is get a plug for the sensor.

I have an 88. There are 3 lines going to the MC. My SN95 MC has only two ports, so the 3rd line needs to go somewhere.

04.jpg

This is how the SN95 Mustangs are setup. The extra line goes to where it is shown here. On the 87-93 Fox, it;s a blank plug here. That line goes directly to the MC.

I already have the front FMS plug and an adjustable prop valve installed. At the rear of the combo valve is a shuttle valve. However, after reading up on corral.net, it seems it can be discarded too as the dual-port MC is anough of a safety feature in case of a failure. Basically this way turns the combo valve into a big distribution block.

SO to add the rear port would eliminate the shuttle valve.

I do have an SN95 prop valve too which already has the port tapped. However, i would need adapter fittings for ALL 5 ports as nothing matches what the Fox has.

SO, it's either adapt the SN95 prop valve (gutted of course) or retap the Fox valve as shown to 1/8" NPT and install 1 adapter fitting and put the extra line there.

It just seems like a clean simple install...and yet i've never seen i done til now :shrug:

Maybe I am missing some thing. I converted my 82 and currently my 86 to rear disks with 73mm fronts. The after 87 MC has 3 ports. 1 goes the to the rear do the porp valve, 1 goes to the front and then 3rd goes to the left caliper. On pre 87 cars the Mc has 2 ports and uses a port valve that has all the connections going to both front brakes and a line to the rear. All i did wss gut my valve and install the plug. On a 87 and up you would have to get hold of a pre 87 porp valve and modify the 3rd brake line off the MC which goes to the front left and make fit the port valve.

I havent done this but my friends 88 had rear disks and we did this mod.

I'm trying to avoid double-flaring down in the bay if i can help it. I have the engine in, so i don't want to screw myself cutting a line and then realizing i can't double flare it