3.7 swap possible

Kingll

Jun 8, 2018
Mississippi
I recently rebuilt a wrecked 2004 v6 mustang and i was wondering has anyone ever of if possible put a 3.7 cyclone in a newedge. People are always doing newer 5.0 swaps so shouldn't the mounts be the same. I figured i would get the best of both worlds if it is possible more power and better mpg. Then my bestfriend could stop bragging about his 2014 v6. P.S i don't want to buy a newer mustang because I love the way a 99-04 looks.

• Sponsors (?)

Just wondering.........

HOW did you plan on handling engine management? Why? Because there's not a chance in the world that a 2004 V6 PCM could run such a different motor.

Also, what are the plans for the transmission since the two will not "bolt up" to each other.

Bottom line. Given enough:
  • Time
  • Money
  • resources. This mainly includes electrical know how and custom fab work.
Most anything is possible. However IMO the $$'s would be better spent buying a supercharger kit for the motor you already own.

It can be done, problem is it's so infrequently done (if ever) that you will have to figure it out on your own and might have to custom fab parts to make things work. Your probably need an entire wrecked 3.7 car to use for the wiring and electronics

Prob way cheaper and easier to do a supercharged 4.2 v6 swap. You can probably grab a 4.2 for short money since they've been around for 20 years