3000GT stock with 240HP, N/A...?

BABstangV6

Smater than the average bear!
Apr 3, 2003
Rock Hill, SC
I was talking to some kid today and was talking to him about his 300GT. He said it had 240 HP to the wheels stock, and he would roast me... Do they really have that much hp? I am seriously doubting it.

• Sponsors (?)

I bet a VR-4 would put down about 280ish stock, but since this it the land barge WITHOUT turbos or AWD, he probably puts down 180. Oh, and his car is a barge, like I said. 3263lbs., 218hp, 205ftlbs, FWD??? according to Edmunds.com for a 1997. I'd say its close. He definately won't beat you bad if he even does.

he'd probably still win
Horsepower 222 @ 6400 RPM
Torque 217 @ 4000 RPM
FWD
--------------------------

the TT ones would probably give MKIV supras some trouble
Horsepower 320 @ 6000 RPM
Torque 315 @ 2500 RPM !!!! nice low end!
AWD

i had a 91 subaru legacy non turbo and only fwd and it has a 2.2 boxer engine. that thing ran like the wind. it was an auto which sucked but it would still get up and go. and leave any honda behind that i encountered. i once got the idea to try a burnout so i locked the E brakes and put it in drive and stomped it. the tires started roasting and smoke started coming through the vents and over the windows. i let off the brake and it spun for about 15-20 feet and took off. it was like a drag burnout. anyway it had 135 HP but not sure of the torque. it was a fast revving boxer

The VR-4's are complete and total bada$$ in my opinion. Had a chance to drive one.......they're a trip, especially 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gears........

as far as the NA models........dunno......I just love the sound of the blow off valve :)

i witnesed a race between a 95 Mustang GT and a vr-4 . both drivers suck hardcore the mustang missed 4th gear and lossed to the vr-4 but not by very much at all and i ended up passing both of them lol.

i was behind them watching them race (i know the kids) when they took off i just passed both of them while they were racing. both kids couldnt drive for crap so it wasnt a ricer flyby if im blowing by them while there still racing.but they both suck and i cant stand neither of them.