302 Swap Into A Supra

5.0Supra

Jan 26, 2017
Hey guys I'm new to the forums. I know how forums work, however. I am currently under going a 302 swap into my supra. I went my life as a import tweaker and tuner and I have finally grew up.. my car is a 1985 Toyota Supra P- Type. The motor I have is from a 1976 f-100 and was freshly rebuilt. However I know very little about carbureted V8 motors and could really use the help. I have a 351 Modified I'd like to use for parts (waterpump, trans Bellhousing, ect) would parts be compatible? And yes I realize there's not much hp coming from the 76 motor and would like to know could I use 1979-1984 302 parts? Is there a big difference? Thanks guys (the supra forums hate me for doing this swap too)

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to American V-8 performance. I suggest perusing your favorite parts catalog (like Summit, Jegs, Autozone, O'reilley's, etc. to get a feel for what's available, and at what prices.
You've chosen a challenging swap, but, it can be done. The water pump and bellhousing on a 351M will not fit a 302
You might check with the guys who swap 302's into land cruisers for bellhousing info.
A water pump for a '76 302 is not very expensive as a rebuilt or new unit.
The Ford 302 went through several changes in the mid '80s. Google is your friend here.
Good luck, and welcome!