327 internals

• Sponsors (?)

5.4 rod. I personally like Scat rotating assemblies from adperformance.com or CHP.

Consider using a 4340 forged I beam with 7/16" rod bolt upgrade weighs 550 grams rather than the heavy H-beam rod. liteweight rotating assemblies spin up real fast.

R302 or the Dart 302 block would be the way to go if you have the funds. If not if your only planning on making 450 you would be fine with the sportsman block. I have seen multiple guys making 600- 700 with a sportsman block and they were fine. I personally also had a sportsman block and just looking at the block you can tell it is a beefier block. The webbings themselves are stronger so you shouldn't split the block down the middle like with the stock block.

go with the dart sportmen from adperformance.com. They r on sale for $2000. better design and costs less to machine. The R302 can only go to a 4.125 bore, the dart to 4.185 bore.

got another question on the crankshaft. some i look at are either 2pc. or 1pc. for the seal. i know i got the 1 pc. now on my 306 , but what would make a difference if i went with a 2pc. seal style crank? found this one that was 1pc. and halfway resonable http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS-55325250&autoview=sku.

anyone got any input on that:shrug: ?

edit: i noticed that trickflow crank has a 3.000in. crank journal where as others have 2.248in. journals. so i asume its the difference the style of main bearing thats used?

thanks

I'd pick a DART or World block over the Ford Racing stuff anyday....

If your building a 327 it is a 8.2" deck motor which is the 302W, it has a main of 2.248" (351W is 3", 351C is 2.749") The rear cap on the DART, and WORLD are made for the 1pc seal crank.

I would suggest buying a stroker kit from a well known source that can point you in the right direction for your exact needs. This way you have the correct parts the first time around. If you not looking at building the motor yourself you can also work with a builder to help you.

Rick
www.rnhperformance.com

I'd pick a DART or World block over the Ford Racing stuff anyday....

If your building a 327 it is a 8.2" deck motor which is the 302W, it has a main of 2.248" (351W is 3", 351C is 2.749") The rear cap on the DART, and WORLD are made for the 1pc seal crank.

I would suggest buying a stroker kit from a well known source that can point you in the right direction for your exact needs. This way you have the correct parts the first time around. If you not looking at building the motor yourself you can also work with a builder to help you. This way you get all the info and knowledge of the builder.....

Rick
www.rnhperformance.com

thanks for the info Rick:nice: . a friend of mine would be building the bottom end, he's got plenty of experience as where i only got a little lol. guess im just confused on the 1 and 2pc seal cranks. its been quite a while since ive seen a 2pc. crank so i cant really remember how it looked. i guess what im trying to get at is will a 2pc seal crank work in any 1pc seal crank type block. or does the 2pc have to be for 2pc only?

thanks,

mike

The main cap is different for a 2pc and 1pc seal, the oil pan is the same. Any crank that has the ridge made for the 2pc seal can be turned down for use with a 1 pc, but if your buying new, buy the right part.