347 HEADER Q'S

muddslide

Mar 10, 2003
DAYTONA BEACH
I need advise on my headers. Currently with my combo, I only have stock 1 5/8 headers on my car. I think I just blew out a header gasket on my car, I just need a bigger header. I looked a custom headers and found them for my 347 up too 2 1/8 for 750.00 dollars. Can I fit a 351 header on my 347 block to fit my 67 stang? Does anyone have good advise...

• Sponsors (?)

muddslide said:
I was trying to aviod the 750.00 cost of them, there are real nice but costly.

I should've worded what I said better. I wasn't advising you to go with a set of custom headers, but rather contact proffesional header experts to guide you to what size headers you need. Even if you don't want a set of their custom headers, I'm sure they'd tell you which size you need.

I would do 1 7/8' stepped to 2" with 3 1/2" collectors, ceramic coated. RCI in the back of Race Pages will make u a custom set for $650. They r the bomb, bar none. Match that up with Dr. Gas 3 1/2" by 3 1/2" X-pipe.

My friend just did this combo on a R331ci stroker with 25lbs from a YSi trim. he was putting down 780rwhp w/ 1 7/8" with 3" collectors.

1 3/4" is all you need...

1 7/8" if you plan on turning more rpm's or overdriving the blower alot for more boost.

Longer will make it more torque,short will give you more top end.

Collector,well,3"-3.5" but I would do a 3" exhaust.

To big will over scavange the exhasut and you will loose boost and blow the a/f charger right out the exhaust,to samll,and you'll get to much charge contamination and back pressure.

BTW,how do you like the BDS 6-71 blower?

Were thinking of getting a kit from BDS,but we would need an 8-71 and they dont list it for the 351W.

I love the blower, I got my set up from Hamptions, would do it again. Maybe I should try the shorties if they will work. I have 3" exhaust after the collectors and I also have dumps. I was hoping anyone with an early stang would have tried this already.