347 stoker engine. Brand new, custom built. How do I sell it?

trvl_girl

Mar 14, 2006

I have a brand new 347 stroker engine, custom built for my mom's ex. Still in crate and paid over $8000.00 for it and I want to sell for $7000.00.

I've posted on here, but don't know if I'm saying the right terms.

I have all the specs. and just relisted again on classifieds.

Please help!!!

I can be reached at [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

Here are the specs. for the 347 stroker

Brand new 347 Stroker Engine, still in crate. Built by DSS Competition.

347SB2004 PRO BULLET Max Quench/IN/TW:347 cid short block for use with most inline valve and
Twisted Wedge cylinder heads and will accept large cams and large valves.Balanced to
racing tolerances and blueprinted,forged DSS Pro-X Series Pistons,assembled in a Level 10
CNC Block with the billet aluminum Main Support System installed with custom ARP main
studs.
SPECS:BLOCK:Level 10 CNC Block-deck equalized and squared,deck plate bored and
honed in CV616 with sub 10 micron filtered man-845 honing oil,and numerous other CNC
operations,RODS:Forged 5.400"Full Floating I-Beams with ARP bolts,CRANK:3.400"
stroke,PISTONS:Forged Pro-X #4337 (Max Quench/IN/TW -18cc),RINGS:Moly E-458K,
ROD BEARINGS:Tri-Metal 2600 CP,MAIN BEARINGS:Tri-Metal 4125M CAM
BEARINGS:Tri-Metal CC440

Level 20 block Upgrade to Level 20 CNC race prepped block.The block has been tapped for thread in freeze
plugs for greater strength,the cylinders have an elliptical high flow chamfer to unshroud the
valves where they enter the cylinder,and the pan rail/oil pump surface has been machined
smooth for trouble free assembly.

AFR 185cc longbl...LONGBLOCK UPGRADE:Final assembly of a shortblock with heads,rockers,and all other
necessary parts listed below to complete the long block assembly.This critical step in the
assembly process is the key to long life and maximum power.Checking and correcting rocker
arm geometry,adjusting pushrod length,and setting lifter pre-load is very time consuming but
pays big dividends in power and longevity.These often overlooked steps are included in this
longblock assembly.
PARTS:CYLINDER HEADS:Air Flow Research 185 -14xx 58CC CAMSHAFT:Ford
Racing TIMING CHAIN:pro Gear 3 Position Double Roller 430HDSTK LIFTERS:Ford
Racing RETAINING HARDWARE:Hydraulic (when necessary)PUSHRODS:4130 .080"
Wall Seamless HEAD BOLTS:ARP 8740 Hex Head Bolts HEAD GASKETS:Fel Pro
Graphite 8548 PT2 ROCKER ARM STUDS:Upgraded ARP rocker studs ROCKER ARMS:
DSS Aluminum Roller Rockers T-WASHERS:1/2"to 7/16"reducer bushings for cylinder
heads (where applicable)

Upgrade to premi...Upgrade to premium hyd roller camshaft listed below
comp cam Extream energy call James Fry for Recomend

Power Package #1...
OP1010 DSS 302 high volume oil pump kit
Includes high volume pump w/adjustable pressure,heavy duty oil pump drive and heavy duty
oil pump and pickup fasteners
M-6710-A50 302 One-Piece Rubber oil pan gasket 1
302 Package #1 di...302 Package #1 discount -
Power Package #1 302
Power Package #2...
208 28oz SFI SBF balancer 1
PA26467 SFI Flexplate 28oz/164T C4 1
7000 5.0 Pro Tray Windage Tray 1
100-2901 ARP flexplate bolts 7/16"x .670"6pcs (auto trans)1
150-2501 ARP balancer bolt 289-460 except 351C 1
302 Package #2 di...302 Package #2 discount -
Power Package #2 302
Power Package #3...
OP7050 Low profile 7qt oil pan with pickup.Works with most short and longtube headers,includes
baffled oil return hole
254-1802 ARP SBF oil pan bolt kit 1
TC351E Timing Cover 302/351 (electric fuel pump)1
302 Package #3 di...302 Package #3 discount -
Power Package #3 302
Power Package #4...
8456 Pro-Billet EFI Ford 1986-1993 stock replacement dist with steel roller cam gear 1

M-12270-A302 Chrome Distributor Hold-Down Clamp 1
DSS 302/351W E...DSS 302/351W socket head cap screw engine bolt kit.Includes timing cover,water pump,
etc
100302 Billet timing pointer,302/351W

Package #4 Asse...Assemble from longblock form to a more complete engine
Services performed:Install oil pan,timing cover,water pump,balancer,timing pointer,
distributor,windage tray,etc

PAID OVER $8000.00 TO HAVE BUILT!!!

ASKING $7000.00 OR BO.

CALL 336-764-0083 or 908-246-8188 IF INTERESTED

:lol: :lol: "I've been here since March 2006, I pretend to be a chick... I have 6 posts... My MOMS EX's motor... Bought for 8,000... I'll take 7,000" Yeah, we're gunna buy something for that kind of cash from someone that's been here a matter of months, has 6 posts, and doesn't even know where the hell to post for sale threads... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah... :lock: :ban:

You don't need to be a jerk. I have something to sell and this is the best place. If I didn't have an engine to sell, there is no reason for me to be on this site, right? Duh, you are such a jerk!!!

The guy from DSS told me about this site and said to try and post it here.

IF you are married, you need to get some "more" cuz you are an uptight ass!!!

IF you have nothing nice to say, don't bother to reply. I will await intellegent responses.

For anyone else, I have the spec sheet, and can take pictures. We have no need for the engine and it's just sitting in the garage.

Thank you

If you really want to sell that engine, put a price tag on it of $4000, advertise it locally, and take lots of pictures for all online ads, also ebay works well.... $4000 in your pocket looks better than an engine you cant use sitting in your garage....

wHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD ASK FOR IT? IT SUCKS TO TAKE SUCH A HIT WHEN SHE PAID OVER $8000.00 AND IT'S NEVER BEEN OPENED.

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK IS A GOOD PRICE TO GET RID OF IT AT?

KIM

trvl_girl said:
wHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD ASK FOR IT? IT SUCKS TO TAKE SUCH A HIT WHEN SHE PAID OVER $8000.00 AND IT'S NEVER BEEN OPENED.

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK IS A GOOD PRICE TO GET RID OF IT AT?

KIM

That's the wrong question to ask these guys...:rlaugh:

Put pics on ebay with the spec's, set a reserve and if it doesn't sell list it again for a fraction lower than previously listed..

No offense and to put things in a little better terms...the thing is this: would you pay $7000 for a engine off of an individual reguardless of the actual cost of the engine and especially not knowing them from Adam. I wouldn't, who would. I don't doubt the cost of that engine at all. I have over $6000 worth of reciepts for my 347. But there is no way I would have paid that same money to buy a engine that I have no idea about or the person selling it.

Like mentioned earlier. I would post it on Ebay and set a reserve. That way if it doesn't sell you are only out your insertion fees.