347 Stroker Intake And Carb Suggestions

RNally

Jan 28, 2018
Building a 347 stroker for my 82 Fox. Most likely doing an Eagle rotating assembly as I get them at good prices from my distributor. Thinking AFR 185 heads after doing some resesrch.

After reading tons of posts its looking like Edelbrock is the popular intake manifold, but multiple variants of it. The discussion between a 650 and 750 carb also varies.

Car currently has a Proform 650 which I'd be fine with using for the time being to save a few bucks.

With that said, what is the preferred intake manifold guys are currently using in 347's as well as carb?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

There is more to choosing than just throwing out ideas.
What is the intended use? Street? Strip? Combo of the 2?
What heads and cam are you using? What transmission and rear gear ratio? Do you want lowend torque or highend hp?

With the limited info you’ve given I’ll give a general response.
A 650cfm carb is fine for a mild to moderate build. A dual plane intake is best for a street car(and your existing carb). A 185 head is ok for a street car. If you want more because it’s going to see the track... I would buy at least a 195cc head. The AFR brand is very good but I prefer TFS but either is a great choice.

The car is going to be street driven 99% of the time.
T5 trans in the car with 3.73 gears.
I'd prefer low end torque over high HP top end.
Still looking around for the cam I'd like to use, but open to suggestions on that as well.

Thanks

Again,..A dual plane intake like a performer RPM, or a Weiand Stealth will be the best choice for an intake. A 650 cfm carb is best. After you nail those choices down, a cam grind is ALWAYS best left to the tech guy working for company you choose to buy from.