351 or 302?

Johns89blu

Aug 8, 2021
Michigan
Questions Questions Questions!!! I bought a 89 gt with a transplanted motor out of a truck I believe e7te casting numbers had a difficult time getting it running but now it runs awesome, my question is when I replaced the injectors and intake gaskets I noticed it had a spider hood down for the lifters,and a steel not cast distributor gear which tells me that it's a roller cam but this year and engine block didn't come with roller cam it had the provision for one but not stock as far as I can tell from the information I'm getting on the interweb, hopefully someone can educate me plz!

Attachments

• 20210809_204525.jpg
    20210809_204525.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210810_171540.jpg
    20210810_171540.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210607_171422.jpg
    20210607_171422.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

Questions Questions Questions!!! I bought a 89 gt with a transplanted motor out of a truck I believe e7te casting numbers had a difficult time getting it running but now it runs awesome, my question is when I replaced the injectors and intake gaskets I noticed it had a spider hood down for the lifters,and a steel not cast distributor gear which tells me that it's a roller cam but this year and engine block didn't come with roller cam it had the provision for one but not stock as far as I can tell from the information I'm getting on the interweb, hopefully someone can educate me plz!
Oh and it also has a non h.o firing order

So on a hunch I looked up what cams go in a 1990 LTD Crown Victoria and a 1990 F150, both with 5.0L engines. On rockauto, the replacement cam for a Crown Vic is a roller cam non-HO firing order, the F150 is a non-roller cam. Probably more years that would be the same. Both would have E7TE casting heads. Crown Vic intake faces to driver side like yours does. Trucks have a different intake.

• Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users
So on a hunch I looked up what cams go in a 1990 LTD Crown Victoria and a 1990 F150, both with 5.0L engines. On rockauto, the replacement cam for a Crown Vic is a roller cam non-HO firing order, the F150 is a non-roller cam. Probably more years that would be the same. Both would have E7TE casting heads. Crown Vic intake faces to driver side like yours does. Trucks have a different intake.
Ty sir I noticed the fan on the motor says LTD from a scrap yard I assume cause it's in yellow paintmarker,paint marker, more of a clue I guess,wish I knew where to find a serial number or something that would tell me,I really don't care where it came from it runs great,but I can't figure out which water pump to put on it I bought a water pump for a 89 mustang 5.0 when I thought that's what it was but that's reverse rotation and it's not moving any coolant when I have it belted the way I got the car which is standard rotation I just don't want two or three water pumps that I can't use laying around, funny thing is,it's the exact style water pump that was originally on the motor but the impeller seems backwards on it so I thought either add a tensioner and reverse the rotation or buy a standard rotation pump,that's the only reason I'd like to know what it came from so I don't ha e to sit here and guess lol thx for all the help