351w Build

bhutch711

Sep 22, 2013
hey everybody so im rather new to this site and not quite sure how to use it... but here goes nothing soo im going to be starting a project build which i hope to put into a foxbody mustang but first for the motor. i started with a 1984 f-250 with a 351w in it. i plan to dissasemble the motor this weekend just trying to figure out my best options. ive never rebuilt a motor before i want the motor to put out around 375-400 hp after all said and done ive been searching online and found tons of different options but nothing that really explains what benifits i will get or exactly where to start. what would be my first steps as far as parts go is there anything specific i need to know? should i buy a complete rebuild kit or should i search for parts separately? when i bring it to the machine shop is there anything specific i should be asking them to do? does anybody recommond boring the engine? does it make that much of a difference? thank you guys for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Well if you are going with a 351, then you obviously want some good mileage out of it. It really depends on what you want out of the engine. You really can't beat the Trick Flow kits for the money.

Kurt

yea sorry it ended up in the wrong section its mainly just an engine build at the moment i kno theres a few things as far as oil pump, oil pan and accesories that would differ from that but mainly just trying to get a basicly direction to head as far as the motor as this will be my first solo build and wanna get good hp out of it thanks again for any info provided

Just warning you. Don't get sucked into the 351 game. 351 blocks are for 351 power. Make sure the block is in line with your goals.

Kurt