351W carbed, nitrous engine tune questions..

Canimakeit

Jun 15, 2004
351W 202/160 TW heads.. slightly ported. MSD 6AL box, blaster 3 coil, MSD distributor. Super victor intake. 585/290 duration comp cam flat tappet. 1.6 roller rockers, hard pushrods, good valves, good springs.. retainers, locks.

HBEAM rods 4340's, stock crank.

For now, 700 vac sec carb reworked to the hilt. Vac line for brakes off backend of carb. 35 total timing 11.5 compression, 93 pump gas. Long tubes, hpipe, flows.

8 1/2 fuel PSI through half inch braided line. It has a return line of course.

Carb has 73 jets in front and 91 plate in back.

5 speed, DF clutch on a mcloud? spelling flywheel.

Just got the car running, hottest temp is 200 while in very slow cruise traffic. When you jump on it it actually cools off to 185-190. Good water flow, good water pump, good radiator.

All that said the problem is when you step on it, it sputters slightly until 3500 then screams like a raped ape. It's like waiting for lag in a SC from a roll. It keeps sputtering *although it gets better and better* and is not COMPLETELY gone until 4500-7000

Right now we have it all motor until I get the spare money to put a DP HP carb and a good plate kit on it.

My question is, what is the best timing and plug gap for this system? also, am I jetting a 700 CFM VS too high with 73 up front? We checked float leval, bleed screws.. whole 9 yard's.

The plug gap is 34 currently with 35 total timing. Full advance is at 3000.

BTW, the MSD is getting plenty of power and Im getting very good spark on all cyl's, checked them one by one.

It does have SOME blowby but we set the rings that way for nitrous.

Sorry for all the info but I know alot of times on here you guy's say you need more info so Im making sure I get it all covered. Otherwise the car drives and runs ok for the cam that's in it. I can drive it around all night with no problems.

Thanks ahead of time and sorry for all that info and rambling.

• Sponsors (?)