351w efi valve covers?

ProjectoStang

Oct 31, 2004
I am looking for 351w vlave covers, but the ones I am interested in say it will not fiit efi. Its the aluminum ford racing tall covers.

What have you guys used?

it will need to clear 1.7rr w/ victor jr's, and tfs R intake.

• Sponsors (?)

It depends what intake you use. Im using the Vic5.8 EFI intake with not spacer and I got everything to fit. I had some problems with the throttle cable bracket, but I got it work with lots of cutting, grinding, and bending.

100_0741.JPG

rc- don't have a link, but slow5.0 has the ones I am looking for.

so if I run a spacer I should be fine?

slow5.0- what kind of cutting and grinding did you have to do? Was it to the covers or the fox cable bracket?

Low-5.0 said:
It depends what intake you use. Im using the Vic5.8 EFI intake with not spacer and I got everything to fit. I had some problems with the throttle cable bracket, but I got it work with lots of cutting, grinding, and bending.

100_0741.JPG
[/QUOTE did u have any alternator clearance problems? my cobra has these on a 351w and I can't get the alternator to slide all the way into the bracket.

Ford has two tall "Ford Racing" VC's. P/N's end in R351 and R302. The 351's with a one inch spacer and a TFS intake with elbow will need modifications to fit. The R302's are a 1/4 of an inch shorter (3.75 in tall) and fit a lot better with a one inch spacer.
The reason I know this is a buddy of mine did a TFS package and wanted the tallest VC's you can get and would modify anything for them to fit. well 4 in R351's and a 1 in spacer, had to grind the alt, IAC, and EGR about a 1/4 of an inch. So I looked up fords p/n's and found the R302's. So when I do mine I'll use a 1in and the R302's and it should fit good or at least better!!

illwood said:
Technically RIO5.0 has the black Ford Racing valvecovers on a 302 with a fox tb conversion.

He also had to cut the throttle cable bracket. With an intake spacer Im sure I could get it to fit perfectly, but my intake is too tall as it is.