351w intake manifolds extinct?

DeathProof88

Dec 11, 2015
PA
What happened to all the 351w efi manifolds? What a bummer! Even LMR dropped the whole 351w swap section. I don't exactly need one at the moment but I'd like to be able to grow out of my performer rpm 75mm in the future. I found a trickflow r series with a 90mm tb opening on ebay for almost 2k a couple months ago lol. No thanks

• Sponsors (?)

For that very reason we contacted Wilson Manifolds and got their throttle body and are putting it on an Edelbrock Super Victor with a Holley Terminator X. Sold the Painless harness, rebuilt A9L, and a few other parts.

If you already have the standard Ford fuel injection then yeah it sucks for sure. Seems like the market would be there for a repop Lightning GT40 upper and lower but evidently not.

This is really sad for so many reasons.

It's too bad they didn't make this product cancellation more public, it probably would have generated a big sales surge. I would have bought a lower to keep on the shelf for myself just in case I ever go that direction. Maybe I just missed this.

Looking around, the price gouging for any remaining stock started some time ago and now they're pretty much gone. In addition, the lightning lowers which are already crazy over-priced, will just increase more. ...at least until most of the community gives up on 351 conversions.

Also, did Edelbrock stop making intakes for EFI Windsors as well? I just checked their web side and didn't even see 5.8 intakes. Is the Holley High Ram the only option left?

I wonder what it would take to 3D print one and also whether a non-metallic intake would survive on a 351W? :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
Edelbrock still makes them and they make a 351W upper & lower but the upper probably will not work on a Mustang.

They are also still making the Performer RPM II. My guess is you could order the 351 lower and a Performer RPM II upper and make it work?

Last edited:
I've seen so many aftermarket parts go extinct for our foxes. The aftermarket craze is fizzling out after 40 years. People just aren't building foxes like they used to. The 351 is being put to rest by the LS and Coyote swap folks.

• Sad
I learned a long time ago when you see a part reproduced or an item you will need for your car its best to buy it, as waiting will see the part run sell out with no plans to produce more......

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users