351W KB Blowzilla

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
Does anyone have any info on the KB blowers for a 351? I found some old stuff about them. Not sure if you can even find one anymore. I'd prefer a PD S/C over a centrifugal if one is even available.

• Sponsors (?)

I did see that one. A bit pricey, but not too bad. Does anyone know how difficult the modifications would be to make it work with the 351? I think they should be similar?

You could likely do it.

Easiest method would be with one of these:

I've no idea if this would put the blower snout where it needs to be in the accessory drive and if so, what length snout would get it there.

Should be a pretty sweet street combo. It will still top out somewhere in the 550 crank HP range.

It would be one hell of a range though. :)

----------------------------------------
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

My dyno graph for your KB 351 :jester:

Reactions: 1 user
I reached out to KB, but their short answer was "no dice". Probably since they don't make a package deal for the 351. My motor is a 95 Lightning block. I have a TF upper. I'm assuming that I have a TF lower as well. Would a TF upper mount to the GT40 lower as mentioned above or would I also need a new upper to match?

I reached out to KB, but their short answer was "no dice". Probably since they don't make a package deal for the 351. My motor is a 95 Lightning block. I have a TF upper. I'm assuming that I have a TF lower as well. Would a TF upper mount to the GT40 lower as mentioned above or would I also need a new upper to match?

I'm not certain what you are asking here however.... (comma)

You would not use an upper intake plenum with a Kenne Bell. The Kenne Bell [is] the top plenum.

What you need is a lower intake plenum that will mate up to the a 2.1L or 2.2L blower housing. Both are setup to mate with a GT40 lower intake plenum.

That does not however, solve the problem of aligning the blower pulley with the rest of the accessory drive on a 351W. That means that you would need to either offset the blower on the intake somehow --or-- modify or machine a custom length blower snout --or-- find some pulley arrangement that perfectly aligns with the blower pulley.

Seems like a tall order to me. It also seems like it would a hell of a lot easier to find a complete Eaton blower setup for a Lightning. Computer, harness, the whole thing. It would be cheaper and more effective to get that Eaton ported and otherwise worked over to maximize performance. I don't recall what the LIghtning blower displacement is but I'd be willing to bet that you could get similar performance. They are about the same generation after all :shrug:

@a91what might have some thoughts for this thread too.

Reactions: 1 user