351W Swap EFI to 4V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pre-EFI mustang with no engine installed in a special edition vintage race car with somewhat of a historical racing specialty car, a monroe handler.

I want to keep it looking old school and historical in nature so the average person would not notice the motor upgrades to a '96 late model long block... just seeing an old era correct 351W if they did not know better.

I have a 351W from a 1996 F-150 that was EFI, less the intake and heads.

I have a pair of GT-40p heads to replace the heads and a 4V intake manifold. I have also swapped out the oil pan to fit for my application and will be running a set of hooker headers super comps modified ever so slightly to fit the altered plug alignment with this combination.

I am looking for a vintage racer kind of scenario so I have the accessories from a 79 thunderbird 351W, specificially, I will go with the a/c, p/s, alternator, timing chain cover, water pump, etc.

I will be running a high performance agressive cam and have a Holley 3310-2 4V carb ready to roll with some modifications on it.

This motor is a roller cam design so I can't run the same distributor.

So now for the meat of my questions:

Q1:
I have plans to use a distributor out of a 1985 (or similar) F-150 with the 4V carbed 351W. Will this dizzy work well (or at all for that matter) for me?

Q2:
I was wanting to know about the best choice for a "mechanical" fuel pump for this motor on a high performance street application. Which parts would you recommend and why?

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.