351w V8 Escorch Wagon with Mustang parts

• Sponsors(?)

CrazyRobert

Dec 9, 2019
Orlando, FL
Sorry I have not posted as of late. I moved base of operation to another very supportive friend's yard. At the new location I have not figured out yet how to setup my work bench, vice, a way to drill press just yet. I did get my shifter and cable. Currently saving up for a new Tig welder. I was borrowing the welder I used to build the car with, from a good friend of mine. It was a serious pro level welder, and I'm grateful he let me use it. I need to close up some wiring and evidently one of the pbr brake calipers is locked up. I looked on line for replacements but they don't seem to be the bargain they used to be. If found a rebuild kit for about $60 so will go that route after confirming piston size. I think mine were 44mm but not 100% sure. Here's the shifter

Attachments

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Awesome! I'll see if I can find the thread. It would be neet to find someone else that has done one. Could compare notes lol.
He has a Fairmont long roof, interesting build, 351 efi 5 speed irs.
I think this is it.

Reactions: CrazyRobert

LILCBRA

I started this morning by knocking out some studs
10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Another awesome build! Gonna be watching the evolution in awe and can't wait to see it in action in one way shape or form!! Good job and good luck!!

:couch:

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyRobert

CrazyRobert

Dec 9, 2019
Orlando, FL
Hey LXnSHO, great question.
There isn't really a sub frame. I used QA1 A-arms with 2005 mustang spindles, pkb brakes, and made the coilovers, mounted to spherical stainless bearings. It was patterned after a mustang k member, but just ended up fabricating the mounts for everything into the tube chassis. The rear end was out of a Grand Marque sedan. It has disk brakes. I swapped out the gears for a set a friend had, 4.11s. It's a tight budget build so I have a spool in it due to cost of a locker. After shortening the rear, I had a set of Strange axles made and drilled. The four link is scratch built using cm tubing and heim ends.

Attachments