3G alternator

asecretfile

Feb 11, 2007
Doing a 3G upgrade on my 87GT and I have all the other parts but was wondering can I go to the local auto parts store and just ask for a replacement alternator for a 95 5.0?

I know I might need to modify the bracket but is this the correct alternator for the upgrade?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You just need to notch it a little. I've used a shortie hack saw to do this before (the bracket is soft). If you have access to a Dremel, it's a couple minute deal.

See the alternator sticky in the useful thread Sticky for ancillary items needed and links to articles with info and pics (the Mustangcentral article has a ton of pics). If you're narratively oriented, Jrichker's alternator posts are golden.

Good luck.

this is semi related, I finished installing my 3g alternator into my 84 svo with 92 motor and tranny (5.0)

the battery is in the hatch and the ground does not look very good, its connected to part of the roll cage, where is a good spot in the hatch to ground my battery?

this is semi related, I finished installing my 3g alternator into my 84 svo with 92 motor and tranny (5.0)

the battery is in the hatch and the ground does not look very good, its connected to part of the roll cage, where is a good spot in the hatch to ground my battery?

when i was back there installing my subs i grounded the amp to the rear shock tower dealybob

to the OP: i just did my 3g. went to AZ and got a reman 95 alt. the bracket is not a big deal, as long as you have a cut-off wheel. works great!